Reporting: The Business development Officer reports functionally to the Region Head
Position Location: AGF offices in Nairobi, Kenya with frequent travel
The African Guarantee Fund (AGF): The African Guarantee Fund for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (AGF) is incorporated and licensed in Mauritius as a limited liability company and has its office of operation in Nairobi, Kenya.
a) Provision of a mix of financial guarantees and other products which reduce the risks supported by the financial sector when lending to SMEs that have insufficient collateral.
The AGF operates according to market principles and is a commercially viable venture with operations in a number of countries in Africa and its gradually expanding to other countries to cover the whole of Africa.
Position Summary: The position focuses on implementation of business development strategies and plans to meet the department’s revenue targets.
- Identify and develop new business proposals to meet the department’s volumes of Guarantees issued, revenue targets and social impacts;
- Use multiple prospecting methods to generate deals, set up sales meetings and pitch appropriate solution-offerings to prospects;
- Conducted full credit reviews of financial institutions and corporations;
- Assist the Region Head to manage the Guarantee process cycle right from Lead Generation, Credit appraisal which include credit / risk rating of the Country, Transaction, Lender and, borrower on the basis of business & financial analysis, due diligence and site visits;
- Prepare guarantee requests for presentation for approval by the relevant approval bodies;
- Assist in developing and managing relationships with AGF partner lending institutions to meet their guarantee requirements;
- Assist to carry out market and competitor analysis as part of gathering market intelligence to inform business decisions;
- Assist to manage and handle efficiently all guarantee claims applications sent by our Partner Lending Institutions(PLI)
- Develop a Proactive Customer Relationship Management in order to support AGF’s guarantee product(s) utilization by our PLIs
- Monitor with the PLIs the submission to AGF, on the periodic reports on a timely manner
- Monitor with the PLIs the payment of the fees invoices in due time
Desirable Qualifications, knowledge, skills and experiences
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Banking, Finance, or Business Administration, CFA;
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a financial institution or in financial services;
- Excellent knowledge in Financial Analysis;
- Ability to compile and report results of activities;
- Demonstrated track record in business development and portfolio management with focus in consultative and solution oriented sales and marketing approaches;
- Demonstrated experience as client-facing staff.
- Bilingual – Fluent in English and French (Compulsory). Spanish and Portuguese languages are an added advantage.
- Excellent financial analysis skills;
- Ability to work independently and with teams;
- Self-driven individual;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Ability to work in a professionally and culturally diverse setting;
- Willingness to travel;
- Good knowledge of private equity environment is an added advantage.
AGF prides itself on its collegial, supportive and gender sensitive working environment and believes that staff diversity promotes excellence.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants should apply by email, sending one document including a cover letter summarizing their relevance to this position, a full C.V. names and contact information of three referees knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to:
“Application for Business Development Officer – AGF” should be clearly marked on the subject line of the email message.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
We invite you to learn more about us at: www.africanguaranteefund.com