The African Peace Support Trainers Association (APSTA) is registered as an international not-for-profit Organisation, with a Secretariat based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The APSTA seeks to appoint as a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) a competent, dependable, self-driven person with impeccable integrity and with skills in institutional management, extensive networking, policy implementation support, extensive Peace Support Operations knowledge, programme development and implementation.
The appointed Officer will be based at the Secretariat located in Nairobi, Kenya, directly reporting to the Board of Directors and will spearhead, promote and facilitate the realisation of the Association’s strategic goals.
As leader of a team, the role holder is expected to have excellent technical skills and shall have overall responsibility for the direction, organisation, administration and programmes of APSTA.
- PhD degree from a recognised University preferably in Political Science, International Relations and Conflict Management
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the sector and a minimum 5 years of experience in a managerial/leadership role with a good record of achieving targets
- Hands on experience in managing multiple partners across geographies
- Good networking across the sector
- Ability to manage multiple workflows and simultaneous projects
- Possess good work ethic, agility, resilience, and strong interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and excellent writing and communication skills are a must in both technical and non-technical areas
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals in a professional and service-oriented manner
- Possess a passion for developing people.
Salary: This position is APSTA Job Level P5 with a consolidated remuneration ranging from U$ 91,956 to U$ 114,672 per annum.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are to submit letters of application, by quoting the subject of the email REF: ‘Chief Executive Officer’, accompanied by a CV to: The Selection Committee at: email@example.com.
APSTA is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from a diverse background.
Interview date: To be notified later to short-listed candidates.
Reporting date: Immediate.