Company Details: Amaica is an indigenous Kenyan five-star chain of restaurant that provides an engaging cultural dining experience for its customers.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Job Purpose: To accomplish business development activities by researching and developing marketing opportunities and plans; implementing sales plans and generate income for Amaica.
- Achieves Amaica’s marketing and sales operational objectives by marketing the products and coming up with sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews;
- Preparing and completing sales action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying trends;
- Meets marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Determines annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for various outlets; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs; developing field sales action plans where necessary.
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor’s share, and competitor’s strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
- Improves Amaicas’s products marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging and/or presentation; coordinating new product development.
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes marketing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications to send their applications to HRConsulting@aon.co.ke by 11th November 2016.