Company Details: Amaica is an indigenous Kenyan five-star chain of restaurant providing an engaging cultural dining experience for its customers.
Job Title: General Manager
Reports To: C.E.O
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this leadership role is responsible for managing the daily operations of all the Amaica outlets to achieve the planned goals for revenue and profit while maintaining the set standards for Guests’ satisfaction, Employee satisfaction, Quality Assurance and Asset protection.
The position requires experience in all the areas of Management including Business development, Sales and Marketing, Human Resources, Food and Beverage, Budgeting/forecasting, Banqueting, Facility and Equipment Maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities
a) Business Development
- Prospecting for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Ensuring a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meeting potential clients for growing, maintaining, and leveraging on existing networks.
- Identifying potential clients and decision makers in strategic organizations and following through.
- Researching and building relationships with new clients.
- Participating and giving direction on Food and Beverage costing.
- Handling of any emerging differences by clarifying objectively and professionally, and ensure positive conclusion.
- Using a variety of styles and tact to persuade or negotiate appropriately for every opportunity that presents itself or creating one.
- Understanding the client and always presenting an image that mirrors that of the guest
- Developing, implementing, monitoring and being a team player in a comprehensive Sales and Marketing plan that results in the growth of the brand both in numbers and revenues.
- Initiating a campaign that will grow awareness of the emerging benefits of heathy eating and demystify the Concept of African cuisine by educating potential market on the vast benefits of this emerging trend.
- Developing and/or reviewing the Standard Operating Procedures in all the Divisions within the Restaurants and ensuring adherence to the same.
- Ensuring the outlet managers and supervisors regularly review food and beverage operations, including special-event setups and costing in order to achieve seamless and profitable operations.
- Promoting and practicing relevant Health and Safety standards in all outlets in line with the government and County by-laws and regulations.
- Ensuring prompt and courteous response and follow up to all enquiries and any complaints.
- Checking equipment regularly against the inventory to ensure minimum losses and taking corrective measures where necessary.
- Ensuring proper orientation to all managers, supervisors and junior staff and ensure that all equipment is used for their correct purpose and not abused, e.g. napkins not used for cleaning, guest facilities are not used by staff etc.
- Ensuring that the required Food & Beverage service standards are achieved and maintained at all times.
- Ensuring the staff in guest contact areas are well trained and understand the story of Amaica, the values and philosophy so that they can engage with the guests intelligently.
- Constantly strive to improve the hygiene standards and service in line with HACCAP in all our outlets.
- Implementing and/or maintaining efficient and effective work methods and systems.
- Ensuring all staff at all times practice high standards of personal hygiene and are well groomed in collaboration with HR officer.
- Developing and/or supervising performance targets of all operating departments.
- Ensuring that credit control procedures are strictly adhered to and kept in check.
- Ensuring that procurement procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Carrying out systematic checks on equipment for maintenance requirements, repairs or refurbishing, ensuring that these are actioned without delay and be readily available at all times to deal with problems or complaints.
- Providing Weekly updates to Directors on all financial and operations relating to all the outlets.
- Managing Budgets and financial planning, while providing controls for the proper handling and accounting for all receipts and expenses as well as ensuring timely and accurate completion of all period-end financial statements and reports.
- Setting and achieving Sales/Profit targets, while maintaining credit policies in sales with corporate clients, and controlling all complimentary services provided to guests with justification.
- Chairing Credit meetings, supervision of collection of major accounts, review of aging reports, and gaining approval from directors for any write-offs.
- Overseeing the planning, organizing and managing of the various maintenance, repair and capital projects of the facility.
- Responsible for the overall staff direction, and evaluation within the Amaica Brand.
- Developing and/or implementing programs that promote a positive work environment for the employees.
- Ensuring other human resource functions such as hiring of right employees, their training, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising, performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems are performed.
- A Masters’ degree in Business Management with over 5 years’ proven work experience in senior management positions with notable business achievements is desired.
- A bachelor’s degree with proven business achievements in senior management positions demonstrating specific business growth and turn-around leadership qualities
- Multi-restaurant and fine dining experience preferred
- Adequate knowledge of local brews, wines, indigenous foods.
- Professional presentation and verbal skill set.
- Ability to organize and inspire a team towards a common goal.
- Aptitude for food and restaurant execution.
- Positive impact on restaurant finances.
- Strong work ethics.