The African Peace Support Trainers Association (APSTA) is registered as an international not-for-profit Organisation, with a Secretariat based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The APSTA seeks to appoint as Deputy Chief Executive Officer / Programme Coordinator a competent, dependable, well-organised and self-driven person, with skills in institutional management, extensive networking, policy implementation support, extensive Peace Support Operations knowledge, programme development and implementation.
The Deputy Chief Executive Officer/Programme Coordinator is expected to identify new programme opportunities, and propose and initiate training, research and policy implementation support programmes and activities with member institutions to meet the needs of Peace Support Operations (PSO) within the continent.
Alongside the CEO, S/he will act as key representatives of the APSTA at various meetings with the African Union (AU), stakeholders and partners and shall utilize excellent judgment to develop credible and meaningful relationships with the AU and or the stakeholders ensuring strictest confidentiality.
The successful candidate should possess:
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Political Science, International Relations, Developmental Studies, Public Policy or any other related field
- A post graduate degree in a similar discipline will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 10 years professional experience in training, research and policy support, with at least 6 years experience in applied policy research, publications, dissemination and training, and with a proven record of engagement in Peace Support Operations training, research and policy implementation support
- Strong management and interpersonal skills, as well as possess expertise in programme management, negotiation for fund raising and curriculum design and development
- Fluency in English and excellent writing and communication skills are a must
- Strong computer literacy skills, including high level of proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work under stress
- Honesty and integrity
- Ability to drive change and innovation.
Salary: This position is APSTA Job Level P3 with a consolidated remuneration ranging from U$ 52,356-U$ 65,124 to US$ per annum.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are to submit letters of application, by quoting the subject of the email REF: ‘Deputy Chief Executive Officer/Programme Coordinator’, accompanied by a CV to: the Chief Executive Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
APSTA is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from a diverse background.
Interview date: To be notified later to short-listed candidates.
Reporting date: Immediate.