Asili Sacco Society Ltd wishes to invite applicants for the following vacant position:
Chief Operations Manager
- Support operations systems maintenance through self-assessments and reviews ensuring relevant internal control systems and processes are implemented in line with audit compliance including risk management approaches and Vision requirements.
- Assists in defining and maintaining offices risks profiles, risk control measures and periodic assessments, updates and implementation of plan and related mitigation measures for the identified risk areas.
- Effective leadership provided in strategic planning and policy recommendations in the area of operations with focus on audit outcomes improvement, taking initiative in improving and strengthening operations management
- Compliance with all operational systems and procedures effectively monitored to ensure integrity in all financial and other administrative operations of country offices through support in the monitoring of management indicators and periodic issuance and analysis of performance management reports.
- Staff learning/development for effective operations performance developed implemented and enhanced for capacity building by supporting in providing training and orientation to newly recruited and other staff on policies and procedures and risk management practices.
- Effective coordination, communication, collaboration established and maintained with internal and external partners for efficient operations, advisory function, vision and leadership, policy coordination, consultative and participatory management process, external representation.
- Develop a departmental strategy, plans and budgets and monitor their implementation.
- Represent the CEO in meetings and advocacy forums and assume authority when he/she is not in office.
- Coordinate the formulation and implementation of resource mobilization strategy for the society products.
- Facilitate the installation of documented processes and harmonize operating procedures to ensure maintenance of high levels of performance and accountability to required goals, set objectives and targets.
- Ensure accurate, financial and procurement procedures.
Qualifications of Operations Manager Job
- An advanced university degree (Master’s) in Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Management, Economics, or directly-related technical field(s) is required.
- A valid professional certification (CPA) from an accredited chartered accountancy institution, in conjunction with a relevant (as per areas identified above) first-level university degree (Bachelor’s), may be taken in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- Diploma in Banking or Cooperative management
- Valid certificate of good conduct from government of Kenya.
- A minimum of eight (6) years of relevant experience in office management, finance, budget, accounting,
- Age between 28-37 years
- ICT, human resources, supply and/or administration involving risk management is required.
- A previous hand on experience in Navision System, supervisory/managerial capacity is required.
- Communicates effectively to varied audiences, including during formal public speaking.
- Sets high standards for quality of work and consistently achieves project goals.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Analyzes and integrates potentially conflicting numerical, verbal and other data from a number of sources.
- Demonstrates and shares detailed technical knowledge and expertise.
- Ensures that team or department follows relevant company policies and procedures.
- Honest and trustworthy of high integrity.
- Sets, develops and revises organizational strategy and develops clear visions of the organization’s future potential.
- Emotional intelligence to administer corporate performance
- Proven experience in resource mobilization, strategic planning and development and implementation of policy
- Management skills, mediation and conflict resolution skills
How to Apply
Applicants should attach:
- A detailed CV
- Copies of Academic/Professional Certificates
- Names of three referees
- State expected salary
- Day time mobile telephone numbers
Applications to be posted (no hand delivery) to :
Chief Executive Officer,
Chief Executive Officer,
Asili Sacco Society Limited,
P.O Box 49064-00100,
To reach her not later than 9th November, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates for interview will be contacted.