Overall Responsibility: We
are looking for a highly competent, self-motivated candidate for the
role of Assistant Manager – Operations to join the Alpha Team.
individual must understand investments, operations, performance
reporting and must be effective at presenting intricate performance
measurement statistics to senior management and boards and trustees.
comprehensive service for our clients (answering questions, helping
them to coordinate transactions (wires), facilitating data or reporting
- Coordinate and clients on their accounts with the objective of improving our client service
- Need to have a good understanding of accounting elections for investment portfolios
- Ensure that timely and compliant transaction records are maintained
- Provide management oversight and guidance for both operations and investment teams
- Establish/update financial management processes and infrastructure to enable scalability of operations
- Oversee and refine performance measurement and operations management systems
- Manage operations to meet budget, business, and other strategic goals
- Develop and execute operating policies to support investment team objectives and policies
- Lead in the development and implementation efficient processes and workflows in view of the growing business
- Proactively review current processes to identify areas where efficiency can be improved and
- Evaluate and identify risks in liaison with the risk officer and device ways of mitigating
- Work with portfolio management team to ensure timely settlements of executed trades
- Facilitate trade settlement by notifying custodians and helping to resolve any settlement issues.
- Act as liaison between executing broker-dealer and custodian bank
- Monitor controls over business systems and ensure that they are in place, effective and consistent
- Develop reporting process and communication policy for all stakeholders – external and internal.
- Assist in month-end statement/reports production
- Help create and maintain ad hoc or custom reports
- Generate reports and provide data/information for clients, portfolio managers and client service reps
- Effective management of resources to improve operational activities and team productivity
- Any other Duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Investments / Commerce or other Relevant field
- At Least Six (6) years of Relevant Work Experience a Minimum of Two (2) years in a similar role
- CIFA, CFA or CPA (K) Certification
- Holders of a Master’s Degree in Finance / Investment Management or a related field will have an added advantage
- They should hold membership in recognized professional bodies.
- Excellent Analytical, Organizational and Problem Solving Skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills required
prioritization, relationship management, and interpersonal skills,
ability to effectively manage competing deadlines and expectations
- Bloomberg and other systems experience will be treated as a plus
If you are interested in the position and have the required qualifications, skills and experience, CLICK HERE to apply and submit a duly filled application form on or before Monday, November 7th 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.