The Solar Revolution needs you!
HR Generalist – Kenya
HR Generalist – Kenya
BBOXX is a UK-based company providing affordable, upgradeable solar solutions to meet off-grid customers’ energy needs.
We are fully vertically integrated, controlling every part of our customer experience.
With over 70,000 systems deployed so far, we have 300+ staff – working across 5 offices in the UK, China and East Africa – who are waking up every morning to work with BBOXX to electrify 20M people by 2020.
We invite you to join us on this journey to electrify rural Africa!
Reports to: Head of HR, Kenya
Location: Kisumu, Kenya
Role Purpose: To help deliver BBOXX’s vision by supporting the Head of HR in executing HR strategy, and delivering business outcomes, at the country level.
The HR Generalist will partner with in-country line managers to align HR programs and processes with BBOXX’s business objectives.
This individual will strategically coach and consult with line managers to provide effective guidance on talent management, employee relations and policy execution, and will support a staff base of 100+
- Partnering effectively with in-country line managers to deliver business outcomes
- Supporting the Head of HR and the Managing Director in effecting change and transition
- Working with the Head of HR to provide effective employee relations (grievance, disciplinary etc.)
- Liaising between the Head of HR and the HR Centre of Expertise to deliver key HR initiatives at the country level. These initiatives will include:
- Talent Management (via BBOXX Academy)
- Budgeting & workforce optimization (via HR Control)
- Recruitment (via external and in-country internal recruitment)
Qualifications and Experience
- 3 years’ work experience in a similar/related role that covers all functional areas within HR
- First degree in HR, Organizational Psychology, or a related discipline.
- HR Business Partner experience, or direct commercial/line experience, a strong advantage
- Flexible, results-oriented and able to work in a project-driven environment
- Ability to multi-task, with strong project management and decision-making skills
- Strong leadership and influencing skills, with the ability to engage key stakeholders
- Strong analytical and numerical skills, business acumen, and MS Excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead change efforts across a team, or within an organization
- Good judgment, and the ability to develop credibility with line management
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience, please send your application letter and CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (HR GENERALIST) firstname.lastname@example.org