Vacancy: Provider Manager
Position based in: Nairobi, Kenya
Contract Length: starting with one year contract subject for renewal
Do you have it in you to make African healthcare leapfrog into the future?
We are seeking a Provider Manager and if this opportunity excites you, we would invite you to apply so that we can discuss your future with CarePay….
About CarePay: CarePay Ltd (“CarePay”) is a fast growing company with the ambition and ability to transform the healthcare sector in Africa through cloud based- and mobile technology.
We are a mobile health exchange where digital payment streams and information are connected to medical data, thus improving quality of care, reducing cost of care and creating transparency and accountability.
Our platform is currently being installed at more than a 1800 healthcare providers throughout Kenya, and through it people are able to transfer, receive and pay with health related funds and benefits on their mobile phone.
Our mission is to Connect Everyone, Everywhere to Better Healthcare; first in Kenya, then in the rest of Africa and beyond.
We make our mission come alive through close partnerships with well-known companies such as Vodafone and Safaricom (Kenya’s largest mobile network operator and the company behind the world’s most successful mobile payment platform: M-PESA), and with some of the largest and most successful pharmaceutical companies in the world.
Together with PharmAccess Foundation and Safaricom we recently launched “M-Tiba”, Safaricom’s mobile health payment platform which is “powered by CarePay”.
See also the following link for Citizen TV reporting on it: http://bit.ly/1PVLc1z
About the Position: The primary responsibilities will involve contracting and marketing CarePay services to healthcare providers and specialists.
In addition, this role will have responsibility to coordinate, implement, execute and ensuring completion of specific projects as a member of the CarePay operations team.
- A university bachelor’s degree in nursing, doctor or other healthcare related field.
Required Knowledge & Experience:
- Strong understanding of private and public outpatient healthcare delivery
- Have strong commercial acumen
- At least 4-5 or more years of project management and/or project implementation experience in Healthcare.
- Proven experience in health insurance and private healthcare
- Familiarity with health care delivery in general in Kenya
- Working Knowledge of Project Management processes, tools and methodologies
- An understanding of hospital procedures, standard working practices, structure and politics.
- Client relations experience and well networked within the Medical Fraternity.
- An understanding of confidentiality and data protection issues
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills with ability to make decisions timely.
- Strong Entrepreneurial/business acumen skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent planning and strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and on budget.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with cross cultural and diverse people and teams
- Customer care, collaboration and team working skills.
- Demonstrable networking and external relations skills.
- Ability to negotiate and influence.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with MS office applications.
- Flexible and ability to adapt or change to new situations and handle high levels of uncertainty.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements of this position, apply by sending a Cover Letter explaining briefly how you meet the criteria for the position and updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position in the email subject matter.
The deadline for application is 31st October 2016.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be contacted.