About CRS: Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Job Title: Project / National Secretariat Director – CORE Group Polio Project (CGPP) – Kenya / Somalia
Location: Nairobi with 30% field travel
Background: CORE Group Polio Project (CGPP) is multi country and consortium project supported by USAID and BMGF globally with Head Quarters in USA. In Kenya, Somalia CGPP is implemented by CRS-Kenya, ARC, ADRA-Kenya, IRC and World Vision Kenya. CGPP Secretariat is hosted at CRS Kenya for Kenya-Somalia program.
In Kenya-Somalia project serves to most vulnerable population of international borders along Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia and South Sudan.
The Project/National Secretariat Director will represent all the CGPP partners at national and regional levels.
S/he will provide technical leadership and management support in implementing polio eradication activities mandated by Ministry of Health and polio partners in close coordination with Head Quarters.
S/he will be responsible for assisting partners in preparation of work plans and budgets and ensure timely implementation of activities.
S/he will provide up to date information to donors and Head Quarters for timely decision making
S/he will represent CGPP in all the meetings and forums such as polio partners meetings, TAG. etc..
In addition the post holder will be responsible for reporting & documentation, capacity building and mentorship of Secretariat Staff
Desired Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Master’s Degree in Public Health; Anthropology, International Development or a related area of study
- Seven to ten years of experience managing large health projects
- Experience in working with the Ministry of Health, WHO, UNICEF, NGOs and managing donor contracts
- Good leadership, social interaction skills and the ability to work with a wide range of individuals and
- Experience and knowledge of budgets and budget management
- Strong computer skills in word, excel and data management software such as Epi Info or SPSS
- Experience working in a variety of developing environments required
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly both nationally and internationally as needed
- Cultural sensitivity, patience and flexibility
- Experience and knowledge of polio eradication preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Swahili and Somali language will be an added advantage
Written applications indicating the reference number of position applied for and CV including day-time contact phone numbers, as well as names and contact information of three references should reach the below-mentioned by Close of Business Friday October 28, 2016.
Human Resources Manager
Catholic Relief Services – Kenya Program
E-mail : email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) does not charge any fees from applicants for any recruitment.
Further, CRS has not retained any agent in connection with this recruitment