Post Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
Vacancy Number: MEO/KE/2016
Duty Station: Kenya & Somalia (Based in Nairobi with frequent field visits to Somalia)
Duration: 6 months ( renewable)
No. of Post: 1
Background: Cesvi programmes in East Africa are focused on humanitarian aid both in development and emergency context, including conflicts, natural calamities and environmental disasters.
The main thematic areas of intervention are: Child Protection, Health, WASH, Food security, Livelihood and Resilience.
Objective 1: Create and Disseminate Monitoring Tools
- Elaborate and update all the required M&E tools (questionnaires, grids, data collection and data processing report and guidelines) and harmonize their use among all the projects in Somalia.
- Ensure that the tools are effective to improve the activities implementation and facilitate the achievement of the results.
- Designing, in collaboration with the Programme Manager, the M&E Handbook.
Objective 2: Project Monitoring
- Design, in collaboration with the field M&E, a tailored-made M&E Plan (including budget for M&E activities) organize and supervise its implementation.
- Ensure that the M&E officers in the field submit reports, questionnaire and relevant documents according to set deadlines.
- Process the data collected according to the agreed guidelines, extract the relevant outputs and share them with the PUM.
- Ensure regular field visits in Somalia to follow up activities and staff training.
- Assist, with inputs deriving from the experience, the PUM in the decision-making related to Mid- and longer-term activity planning.
- Identify gaps during the project implementation and raise them to the PUM’s attention Design, organize and carry out internal project evaluations as well as Post Monitoring distribution surveys.
- Timely inform the Security Officer and the HoM of any issues that might endanger the security of people and goods related to the project.
Objective 3: Manage Cesvi Complaint and Response Mechanism
- Ensure all complains and feedbacks are recorded in the relevant database and are timely addressed by relevant departments.
Objective 4: Relation with partners and stakeholders
- Establish contacts with counterparts (M+E Officers, and M+E Working Groups) of Other organizations. Share with them techniques, knowledge, approaches related to M+E, and represent CESVI in thematic meetings related to her/his duties.
- Being updated on thematic working groups’ and local authorities’ news, reports, Recommendations, requirements, etc.
Qualifications / preferred competencies
- Good English (both in written and verbal)
- Good Somali language (both in written and verbal) is compulsory
- Team building skills
- Detail oriented
- Motivational skills
- Autonomy in the implementation of her/his tasks.
- At least 3 years’ experience in M&E and data analysis
- Familiar with the use of DDG system
- Experience with health and nutrition and resilience programs
- Experience in statistics
- Background in project management and/or design
Submission Guidelines: Persons qualified for this position are invited to submit their CV (including 3 referees) and COVER LETTER ONLY to CESVI to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the Position (i.e. Application for Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator) in the subject line of your e-mail application.
Please do not send more than one application and do not attach certificates at this stage.
Inquiries on phone or e-mail will not be entertained.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to local candidates.
Closing date for applications is 03rd November 2016 at 17:00.
However Cesvi reserves the right to close the vacancy before the above mentioned date in case a large number of
applications are received.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
CESVI is an equal opportunities employer.