Job Title: Chef
Salary: 60K – 80K
A well established high end hotel in Nairobi is looking to hire a highly skilled and experienced Chef.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the kitchen and maintaining food standards.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with co-workers, customers and manage Kitchen Staff under him.
- Determine how food should be presented and create decorative food displays
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
Key Skills and Competencies
- A Diploma in Food and Beverage production or Related Field
- 3-5 years experience in a high end catering establishment
- Proven track record of cost control including food, equipment, labor and waste to meet the food quality goals and the hotel’s financial goals.
- Demonstrate real passion for menu planning and leadership
- Good knowledge HACCP and other procedures in Food Production.
How to Apply
Please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Chef) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday 12th October 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short listing process.