The role will also support and be the interface between the Business Bankers and branch staff in the region to drive business and coordinate functions of the Agri Co-operatives in line with divisional structure, while at the same time exploring possible value chains that can translate into business arising from clients call visits and other initiatives.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Identify and exploit potential Agri Co-operatives lines among existing and potential clients, viable Agri Co-operatives value chains amongst existing clients and new ones in order to grow quality asset book.
- Collaborate with Business banker – Agri-Co-operatives in selling of bank products to clients in the Region while working towards maintaining close relationship with the bank’s key market segment (Co-op movement) to ring fence it from competition.
- Appraise/analyze customer credit requests in a spread sheet and forward to Credit Risk Analysis Unit for approval and credit decision making then advise clients accordingly on their credit requests within the stipulated SLA.
- Ensure compliance with credit policy on credit administration by constantly interrogating data on Bank Master to ensure that limits are correctly loaded, all flags properly put and review dates complied with accordingly. The role holder will also ensure all covenants of offer letters are complied with and perfection of security done as per policy.
- Keep records of correspondence from clients, copies of credit approval memos, and copies of call visits and any other correspondence in the respective files for future reference.
- Ensure that all facilities are being serviced to reduce the Portfolio at Risk.
- Maintain and update client data base for the region to enhance relationship management while ensuring to make customer visits at least once every month and also Carry out branch visits in the course of scheduled call programs as a matter of courtesy to gather intelligence on what the competition is doing in order to remain relevant in the market.
- Work closely with Ministry of Co-operatives Development & Marketing (MOCDM) and Memorandum of Association (MoA) officers in order to maintain a competitive edge in the industry by being ahead of the competition in all Agri Co-operatives ventures. Assist in seeking and mobilizing deposits from development partners/clients and the relevant Ministries in order to manage the 80/20 rule in liabilities and also assist in scoping business levels with clear wallet sizes of all partnerships.
- Train staff on team talks and related projects and products and assist in review of internal processes and procedures for better service delivery to customers, while also ensuring that the department is well prepared for audit at all times.
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business related field from a recognized university.
- At least 3-5 years banking experience in a relationship management or business development role.
- Extensive knowledge of business industry trends and practices and a keen interest or knowledge of the Co-operative movement.
- Strong marketing, presentation and decision-making ability and general banking operations.
- Motivated, proactive with good interpersonal skills and result oriented.
- Detailed knowledge of bank operations, banks products, services and policies.
- Excellent customer service coupled with strong communication, presentation and decision making skills
- Quick and innovative thinker with passion for technology related solutions.
- Ability to analyze data, information and situations, for effective work performance with excellent attention to details and quality outputs.