Our client, Commercial Bank of Africa is a financial services provider licensed by the Central Bank of Kenya to offer financial service solutions and advice through innovative and reliable strategies.
The bank is seeking to recruit a highly ambitious candidate to fill in the following job position in their Nairobi office:
Reporting to the Head of Legal in the Legal Department, the purpose of the role is to provide legal advice and support to the Bank and its various departments on all matters, to ensure the efficient and proper perfection of all Bank securities, to
These functions will include:
Key Responsibilities & Percentage Time Spent
- Quality of documentation perfection for bank securities (30%)
- Quality of legal services (30%)
- Adequacy of personal competence to effectively perform the recovery tasks (10%)
- Consistency in adherence to and effective application of established policies, processes, procedures and tools in achieving optimal efficiency and cost containment (30%)
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage expectations of customers and other stake holders who impact quality of legal services.
- Technical skills to effectively perform legal activities/tasks in a manner that consistently produce high quality of service.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidance to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support performance and customer-service oriented culture.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Law (LL.B) Degree from a recognized University
- At least 4 years’ experience in legal practice, particularly in security perfection and review of commercial transactions
- Working knowledge of the legal environment for Banking and general business/commerce in Kenya
- Working knowledge of the lending practice for financial institutions, particularly lending to the different market segments – corporate, SMEs and retail banking
- Working knowledge of business management and banking acquired through practical experience in a work environment, seminars and courses on business and banking related subjects
- Registered CPS with the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya
- Participant in Continuous Education programs under both the Law Society of Kenya and ICPSK
- Practical experience acquired through working in a banking institution; working knowledge of banking business acquired through participation in facility structure meetings, Due diligence exercises and management of non-performing loan portfolio to reduce outstanding.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject LEGAL OFFICER by 8th November 2016 12:00noon stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.