Vacancy: Operations Manager
Job Ref: CG/OM/2
Our client is dedicated to creative, sustainable conservation for people and wildlife flourishing together through research, education and the arts.
They are looking for an Operations Manager. S/he will work very closely with the Security Manager (SM) and the Executive Director to ensure that Conservancy targets and objectives are met.
The incumbent will be based on site in Laikipia to oversee and manage activities on the property.
Duties and Responsibilities
Maintenance & Logistics
- To supervise and oversee a fleet of vehicles, machinery, water pumps and solar systems, ensure regular scheduled services, maintenance and replacement where necessary
- To supervise and plan the operations of the main workshops to include the regular servicing of all vehicles & machinery.
- To work within a budget to repair or replace certain prioritised equipment and infrastructure to be decided upon monthly
- To improve the control and efficiency of all vehicles & machinery
- To put in place efficient systems for purchase, storage and usage of spare parts
- Control of expenditure and the usage of spares & fuel.
- To establish a dynamic stores system and staff to ensure control and accurate accountability
- To supervise the purchasing office ensuring value for money for purchases made.
- To Clear Firebreaks and execution of a Fire Management Plan
- To supervise repairs and maintenance of the tourist facilities
- To supervise all drivers of vehicles, motorbikes, tractor, D6 and to put in place weekly transport logistics schedules which serve the needs of the conservancy whilst economising on fuel. All transport requirements will go through this position
- To plan, supervise and maintain all infrastructures within the conservancy including buildings, water supplies, power supplies, roads and firebreaks.
- Monitor Construction and maintenance of Fence (funded by County Government and Space for Giants)
- To organise and supervise the execution of specific projects to be decided upon by the Board and Directors on a monthly basis
- To supervise Human Resource department in collaboration with Executive Director
- Liaise with elders and chiefs from the different communities
- Supervision of a community grazing committee and grazing policy
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Self-starter with the ability to manage their own time.
- Good knowledge of Mechanical and auto engineering
- Good knowledge of building practices
- Good communication skills
- Experience managing large teams of 80-100 people
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner. Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted