Credit Manager – Uganda
Our client is now hiring a Credit Manager, a seasoned professional who takes ownership of the credit function of the company, protecting clients from over-indebtedness while protecting the company’s fast-growing balance sheet.
About You: You are someone who cares deeply about improving livelihoods in Africa. You bring more than passion to the role: you have the grit and resilience to do this work.
You have proven credit management expertise, and are excited about being hands-on, without getting lost in the weeds.
You are a problem-solver, a direct and candid communicator, who understands that there are tensions to balance in this kind of diverse organization.
You are a natural manager able to guide the credit team to achieve its targets, while constantly learning from developments and situations.
You inspire excellence with your team, building a sense of shared values and goals.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain a high quality loan portfolio;
- Build a strong credit team (currently 12 people) that constantly learn from mistakes made and hence makes good credit decisions;
- Ensure a smooth client journey (as far as the credit process is concerned);
- Improve credit policies to ensure high efficiency of the team.
Specific Activities Include:
- Plan the activities of the team on a daily basis;
- Support and supervise the team to achieve excellent execution;
- Groom junior management capacity;
- Analyse trends and individual defaults aiming to improve credit management;
- Report and suggest improvements to the Operations Manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate has over 7 years of highly successful work experience, of which at least 4 years in managerial roles in the field of credit, preferably in a commercial environment in East Africa.
- The candidate has completed a BSc and preferably a MSc/MBA degree at an accredited university.
- Preference will be given to candidates from the Micro-finance sector
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization;
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses;
- Resilience under pressure. Flexible thinking and ability to adapt to change.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications including detailed CVS to Recruitment Manager on email at email@example.com