Job Title: Early Infant Male Circumcision Officer
Report To: VMMC Advisor
Overall Job Function: Early Infant Male Circumcision officer will be responsible for the integration and implementation of neonatal MC services at UMB-supported health facilities in Migori County.
The officer will work in close collaboration with the VMMC advisor, program mobilizers and Communication team, VMMC surgical and Data teams.
- Serve as a liaison person to the VMMC advisor, the facility service delivery staff, the clients and the Ministry of Health in EIMC implementation.
- Ensure efficient management of day-to-day County EIMC operational activities of the program in order to deliver targets in time and within budgets
- Ensure that the EIMC supplies and commodities are constantly available in the facilities
- Ensure the program technical and logistical systems/procedures are in place, maintained and adhered to so that all support functions are carried out effectively and efficiently
- Work together with CHMTs and HMTs in ensuring uninterrupted provision of EIMC services at the facilities
- Strengthen health systems to support roll out of EIMC including training, facility readiness, and supervision and supply systems
- Oversee implementation of quality assurance systems for EIMC through the Sub County and County focal persons
- Liaise with the mobilization team to implement demand creation strategies that ensure constant client flow for EIMC teams
- Ensure EIMC guidelines and protocols are well followed by the facility EIMC teams
- Prepare monthly EIMC service delivery budget, monthly summary operations report and quarterly comprehensive operations report for the sub county.
- Ensure maximum integration of EIMC services into the MNCH services in UMB supported health facilities within the County
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor
- Degree or Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Nursing
- At least three years’ experience conducting VMMC Surgeries
- Trained and certified as VMMC surgeon
- At least three years’ experience coordinating VMMC Program activities
- Knowledge of EIMC implementation strategies
Kindly send your application, cover letter and current CV with the names of three professional referees to email@example.com on or before 25th October, 2016 with subject: “EARLY INFANT MALE CIRCUMCISION OFFICER”
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.