The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is the global leader in the fight against HIV and AIDS for Pediatric and families.
In Kenya, EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health and various County Governments to support HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment in 12 counties.
Job Summary: The Senior Financial Analyst coordinates a variety of financial analysis and planning functions in the Kenya office including agreement budgeting and generating a variety of financial reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop & manage budgets (for projects and shared services) including proposal budgets, budget notes/narratives, annual project specific budgets, monthly costed work plans and other special purpose budgets
- Develop, at a minimum, quarterly revised project management budgets incorporating current detailed line item spend patterns
- Where necessary, prepare budget re-alignments for donor approval
- Support development of special purpose costing activities such as project monthly costed work plans, project event budgets, shared services budgets, etc.
- Real time tracking of actual expenditure against approved budget lines factoring cash expenses, obligations & commitments in progress. Special emphasis on commitments not yet booked as expenses
- Detailed financial forecasting for all projects using a combination of historical costs and known future costs to predict periodic pipeline positions
- Minimum monthly documented pipeline review meetings with each project lead, sharing budget vs. actual positions, agreeing on any corrective actions, and following through to ensure corrections are effected on a timely basis to prevent significant budget over/under runs
- Assure budget availability prior to major commitments e.g. procurements, obligations to sub-recipients, major recruitments, etc.
- Assist procurement department & program teams in developing and tracking annual procurement plans to ensure approved amounts are not exceeded during implementation
- Assist grants team in developing realistic forecasts for sub-recipients to ensure accurate tracking of sub-recipient actual expenses against availed obligations
- Provide ad hoc forecasts/ scenarios as new information is availed e.g. changes to approved funding from donor, etc.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for management decision making
- Track due dates and prepare donor financial reports when due
- Present complex financial reports to varied audiences
- Perform periodic and annual (PEPFAR) expenditure analysis reporting
- Support any internal or external driven cost analysis initiatives
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in business related field
- Demonstrated experience using automated budget management software
- Strong Excel, Word, Access & Power Point Proficiency
- Demonstrated financial analysis experience (5 years minimum) in a complex corporate / NGO environment
- Excellent financial management and analytical skills
- Ability to clearly communicate financial information to non-financial colleagues
- Strategic thinker in a dynamic environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines
- Well-organized individual with excellent attention to details
CLICK HERE to apply online
The closing date is 10th November 2016.
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer