Energy 4 Impact supports businesses that provide energy access to off-grid communities in Africa.
Purpose: The M&E Manager works with the Africa Programmes Director to provide technical support to Energy 4 Impact’s project and country teams, lead Energy 4 Impact’s Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) work in Africa by ensuring appropriate use of M&E frameworks and tools that assure quality programme delivery across Energy 4 Impact and partners’ projects.
Key Roles and Responsibilities of the Position
- Working with the Programme Director and other key staff, review and update the Energy 4 Impact’s Programme Framework
- Design M&E framework and systems, identify key performance parameters for new programmes and projects and ensure the effective use by staff, partners and stakeholders as necessary
- To take the lead in conducting continuous analysis of enterprises performance from the baseline data and produce cross-sectional reports reflecting different growth variables including but not limited to sales, employments, profitability etc.
- Build capacity of staff in project monitoring and data collection against set indicators, and use of such information in development of project reports
- Undertake regular field visits to provide support for proper application of M&E frameworks
- Synthesize and analyze programme and project data for periodic measurement of set program and organizational performance indicators and for report development
- Work with the Director of Learning and Innovation to conduct case studies, define best practices and make recommendations to the Energy 4 Impact management and staff on the best programme approaches
- Draft TORs for the engagement of consultants who conduct baselines, evaluations and other form of research for Energy 4 Impact’s programmes and review reports generated by the consultants.
- Develop appropriate research tools for conducting both qualitative and quantitative surveys and training staff and external enumerators in the use of the tools.
- Support Program Managers and the Business development team in the formulation of baseline measures and targets, during writing and set up of donor project proposals as well as throughout project implementation
- Work closely with the communication department in developing and disseminating communication programme results, best practices and success stories
- Keep abreast of the latest industry developments in M&E and network with other organizations for best practices and technical assistance
- Review the quality of existing social and economic data in the project areas, methods of collecting it and the degree to which it will provide good data for results based evaluation.
- Master Degree in International Development, Economics, or other relevant academic background
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of relevant professional experience in monitoring and evaluation for complex programmes /projects
- Extensive experience with monitoring and evaluation systems and frameworks for international development programs, including developing performance indicators, data collection and analysis systems and tools
- Strong knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodology , data quality assurance , analysis and reporting
- High level of competency in managing data information
- Strong writing skills and experience with producing technical reports required.
- Understanding of statistical software for M&E and data management required.
- Advanced knowledge of excel is required
- Programme management experience is preferable
- Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Qualifications or experience with gender work will be an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player
- Fluent in English, French will be an added advantage
Please send your CV plus a cover letter outlining how your knowledge, skills and experience match the job specification to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us by latest 7th October, 2016.
(Salary range – Kes 350,000 -500,000pm)
Energy 4 Impact is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.