Based in: Nairobi
Summary: Position available for a highly motivated and resourceful Grants Associate with strong writing skills, attention to detail, and ability to take initiative.
Reporting to the Institutional Giving Manager, the Grants Associate will serve as an integral member of the Development team.
The position requires close collaboration with program staff across all three regional offices – The Americas (New York), Europe (London), and Africa (Nairobi) – and across program areas.
This important role will strengthen Equality Now’s capacity to be good stewards of project-related funding, ensuring that we are fulfilling donor requirements, while growing our base of institutional supporters.
The role requires the ability to synthesize technical details into a compelling narrative, a respectful and team-oriented working style, and setting up efficient and effective systems for information management and coordination.
About Equality Now: Founded in 1992, Equality Now is an international human rights organization dedicated to ensuring that women and girls around the world can live their lives free from violence and discrimination.
Combining grassroots activism with international, regional and national legal advocacy, we envision a world in which women and men have equal rights under the law and full enjoyment of those rights.
Our issue areas encompass Legal Equality, Justice for Girls, and Ending Female Genital Mutilation (FGM), Sex Trafficking and Sexual Violence.
- Support all aspects of the grant process including ensuring timely submission, follow-up, and contract management.
- Coordinate appropriate staff from different departments to ensure the inclusion of necessary information supporting proposal and reporting development.
- Assist in the writing of proposals, reports, and other correspondence to funders.
- Maintain annual and monthly grants calendar.
- Create, organize and maintain donor files and archives
- Research relevant grant opportunities and prospective institutional funders.
- Track and report on outreach to prospective donors.
- Passion for social justice issues, particularly women’s and girls’ rights and gender equality; understanding of the law, a plus.
- At least 3 years of experience in grant-writing and institutional fundraising, particularly with international and multi-lateral donors.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail with accuracy. Fluency in English; French is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and accurately summarize large amounts of information
- Open, thoughtful, and professional working attitude, including the ability to work effectively and respectfully with colleagues and partners internationally.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel; experience in Raisers Edge or other fundraising software, a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Grants Associate.”
Candidates selected for interview will be asked to furnish a writing sample and complete a written assignment.
No calls please.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2016