Position Vacant: Maintenance Coordinator
Aim of the role: To Manage the day to day running of the Maintenance Department.
Outline of Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the due process is followed when placing orders for any items required by the department.
- It is the responsibility of the Maintenance Coordinator to maximise the occupancy of the hotel by ensuring that all rooms requiring maintenance repairs are attended to immediately and or repaired in the shortest time possible.
- In conjunction with the General Manager the Maintenance Coordinator is required to ensure that all applicable perennial calendar tasks are logged on the Perennial calendar and that maintenance is conducted in line with the Perennial calendar requirements.
- In conjunction with the General Manager the Maintenance Coordinator must be aware of the Lodge Care Programme requirements and ensure that it is followed accordingly.
- Ensure that all “quick fixes” (referred to as Maintenance requests in the Maintenance Manual) are attended to accordingly on a daily basis.
- Over and above the Perennial Calendar, the Lodge Care Programme and the Quick Fixes special projects must be planned and executed.
- Ensure that stock takes are conducted on a monthly basis.
- In conjunction with the General Manager ensure that a PAR stock holding is established and maintained for all consumables, tools etc.
- As a team you must ensure that the hotel is fully compliant with all Occupational Health & Safety requirements.
- Painting must form part of the Lodge Care Programme.
- Ensure the safety and security of the staff, guests and hotel property.
- Ensure that the swimming pool is maintained on a daily basis.
- Ensure that you have sufficient stock of light bulbs, all lights bulbs are in working order and that reception have a small stock of all light bulbs they may require after hours.
- Ensure that all plumbing matters are dealt with /reported immediately
- Ensure that every television is tuned and that every remote control is in working order.
- Ensure that the tumble dryer filters are cleaned on a daily basis / more if deemed necessary.
- Ensure that the boiler temperatures are checked on a daily basis and that all maintenance matters are reported/resolved immediately.
- As per operational requirements you are required to read and record the water meter readings so as to determine daily consumption in comparison to e.g. the account received.
- As per operational requirements you are required to read and record the diesel readings weekly so as to determine consumption.
- Ensure that all equipment is used, stored and maintained in line with operating procedures.
- Contribute to and support the “I’m Kind” programme.
- Ensure that you mindfully walk the property at the start of, during and at the end of each day so as to ensure that all maintenance matters are noted and are being taken care of.
- Ensure that every guest receives exceptional service at all times.
Replacement and Temporary Mission: May be assigned to perform reliever duties when colleagues are off duty.
2. Basic Conditions and Benefits of Employment: These are in line with normal company policies and practices, specific details will be communicated to an applicant should he/she qualify to be interviewed.
3. Line of Reporting and Communication:
- 3.1 Responsible To: The General Manager
- 3.2 Responsible For: The Maintenance Department
- 3.3 In Communication With: Housekeeping and all other hotel departments
- 4.1 Level of Literacy: Must be able to read and write in English & Kiswahili
- 4.2 Level of Numeracy: Excellent numeracy skills
- 4.3 Level of Communication Skills: Must be in possession of good communication skills
- 4.4 Level of Formal / Professional / Education & Training: Minimum education level- BSc in Mechanical Engineering.
- 4.5 Level of Experience in Job Advertised: 5 years’ experience required in a similar role preferably in the hospitality industry.
Send your application letter and cv to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.