Job Title: Financial Research Analyst – Internship, Nairobi, Kenya
Job Description: The position requires excellent commercial, business and financial analytical skills; excellent written English, and the ability to communicate complicated and difficult concepts and recommendations in a succinct way.
- Write data-driven research and reports that combine our proprietary data with outside data sets to identify key trends and analyze start-ups, companies and investors within specific sectors
- Conducting sector research and intelligence, analyzing existing business models, tracking new start-ups / technologies, tracking investor activity and building insights into landmark companies
- Carry out detailed research via the telephone and meetings to develop an internal database
- Develop and maintain industry contacts to assist with the production of market leading intelligence and reports
- Understand and develop forward-looking analyses and insights
- Develop and give client and prospect client presentations to discuss research report
- Support PR requests with data and category knowledge
- Minimum First Class or Upper Second degree required in Economics, Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Physics or any quantitative or research based field
- Further degree or qualification – a plus
- Writing experience a must – can be within the fields of market research, journalism, equity research, i-banking or consulting experience
- Strong analytical skills and pay attention to even the tiniest details
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to synthesize data and develop meaningful conclusions and predictive insights
- Strong communication/presentation skills and leadership abilities. You should feel comfortable speaking to clients/prospects as an authority on the business and the category
- Ability to multi-task and manage the details while keeping an eye on the big picture
- Must have an inquisitive, exploring mind and a geek about all things finance
- Must be passionate and knowledgeable about the corporates, start-ups, venture capital and M&A
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, team-based environment
- Must be able to manage work and prioritise multiple assignments under tight deadlines
- Motivated self-starter, showing creativity and energy
About Us: We are a financial advisory firm providing exclusive advice and research to corporates, investors and start-ups, both locally and globally.
Send your CV, Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 5th November 2016.
Rolling interviews in progress.