Finance Officer (Nairobi)
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual financial and activity reports for DREAMS Innovation Challenge project in accordance with the requirements of the donors.
- Monitor the expenditure on DREAMS Innovation Challenge project and ensure that all expenditures are authorized and in accordance with the approved budgets of the donors.
- Review of and accounting for procurement transactions ensuring supporting documentation, accuracy of amounts and control over payments.
- Prepare annual financial statements and reports of the projects.
- Management of project petty cash and cash imprests.
- Management of project asset register.
- Ensure adherence to USAID project accounting requirements.
- Process and review monthly bank reconciliation statements of project bank accounts and recommend appropriate action on issues identified.
- Respond to internal /external audit queries and observations and take appropriate action on issues identified.
- Take initiative to improve accounting processes and approaches.
- Contribute towards the in training of DREAMS Secretariat staff.
- Undertake special assignments and/or perform other related duties as required.
- Degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- CPA-K qualification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the administration of financial accounting and sub-grant management processes within a large, multi-faceted USAID funded project.
- Experience working with Non-Governmental Organizations.
- Experience with USG project accounting requirements including demonstration of a deep familiarity and application of Office of Management Budget (OMB) Guidance in 2 CFR part 200 sub-parts A through E is a must requirement for the job.
- Knowledge and experience in QuickBooks accounting systems preferred.
- Strong oral and written communications skills with a proven ability to convey information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to coordinate cross-departmental efforts to achieve common goals on time
Interested candidates who possess the required qualifications should email their applications to gcn[at]girlchildnetwork[dot]org then cc to d.mutiso[at]girlchildnetwork[dot]org.
Applications for all the positions close on 26st October, 2016 at 4.00 p.m.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Complete applications will include all of the following:
- vacancy name and preferred county
- a cover letter
- detailed CV
- current and expected salary
- a day time telephone contact
- names, phone numbers, and emails of 3 referees
We value diversity, so we don’t discriminate on the basis of religion, color, gender, age, disability, or genetics. To request accommodations in the application process, you can send us an email or call us at 020 600 4510.