Background: GiveDirectly aims to reshape international giving. We provide an end-to-end platform that enables funders to provide direct cash transfers to the extreme poor.
We are looking for exceptional talent to help build a startup into a world-class organization. Our culture is professional, analytical, non-hierarchical, fast-paced, and blunt, and we’re looking for people that match that description.
Overview: You will be responsible for all aspects of GiveDirectly’s program on the ground.
Formulate and deliver annual targets
- Design ambitious work-plans and accompanying budgets
- Ensure that country office achieves annual KPIs for household enrolment, operational efficiency, and key user experience metrics
- Ensure that operational reports are being reliably generated and actioned
- Build capacity of managers at all levels by ensuring that they have clearly-defined metrics for success and regular feedback on progress
- Build systems to enable rapid scale-up of a high-quality team
- Assess, on an on-going basis, resource/capacity gaps across the org & test solutions
- Identify vulnerability to fraud and rule-breaking across the operating model and design appropriate controls
- Identify key areas in need of redundancy and buffering to reduce the impact of un-anticipated operational roadblocks
- Build networks with local actors/institutions that will help identify and protect against macro risk
- Define and communicate a set of practices and norms that animate GD’s core values
- Support org-wide interventions that help to promote productivity, well-being, and morale
- Build systems for monitoring and actioning feedback from the team
- Thrive in a professional culture where “autonomy” means no rule books for how to do your job well
- Rapidly assess and understand a complex operating environment with a view to the long-term (e. success is not meeting targets in 6 months, it’s building an organization that can double in a year)
- Look critically at a process/system and quickly flag and size risk/inefficiency
- Identify, grow, and retain exceptional talent on your team
Please CLICK HERE to apply online for this job
Closing date: 31 Oct 2016