Organisation Background: GiveDirectly is driving a re-evaluation of the assumptions underlying international philanthropy with a provocative model: we deliver donations directly to the extreme poor and let them decide what to do with them.
Role Overview: The Information Technology Officer (ITO) will support GiveDirectly operations by maintaining the computer systems and networks of the organisation.
IT Systems Management
- Configure and deploy new equipment, including laptops, smartphones and peripheral equipment;
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, update and maintain workstations and laptops and peripheral equipment;
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot printers/copiers as well as manage toner requests;
- Setup and support audio/visual equipment for presentations and trainings on and off site;
- Install and configure peripherals including scanners, external drives, monitors and other peripheral hardware;
- Recommend the procurement of, and if approved, help procure replacement or specialist components, fixtures or fittings
- Removal/disposal of non-functional equipment as approved by the Office Administrator;
- Take staff through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues;
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and update operating systems and user applications; recommend replacements as required;
- Proactively schedule software upgrades and patching;
- Make sure that all software on GiveDirectly equipment is licensed and keep record of licenses;
- Track license and support contracts to include notification of renewal timeframe to management;
- Ensure office internet is always running smoothly
- Test and evaluate new technology; provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports as necessary;
- Participation in research and recommendation of improved infrastructure processes and technologies to include growth planning;
- Provide procurement assistance including, but not limited to, researching solutions, engaging with potential vendors, making recommendations for product purchases and evaluating bids as directed by the Office Administrator;
- Work with ISP and other outside vendors to ensure dependable operations;
- Test new equipment and applications and provide recommendations as needed;
- Assess user IT capacity and suggest areas for training; create materials and presentations for trainings;
- Propose, and if approved, codify new policies for training, technical and ICT infrastructure and train new and current employees on the same;
- Assess user capacity and suggest trainings and areas in need of improvement;
- Assist the Field Manager with the development, testing and implementation of new survey elements or protocols.
- Responsible for Saturday Work polls and liaising with the HR Manager and Finance Manager to have that incorporated into payroll.
- Work with AFMs to collate all data related issues and work with Data Management team to get these solved.
- Produce enrollment and follow-up rosters for the field teams on agreed upon schedule
- Create monthly reports on GiveDirectly operations for government and compliance purposes
- Minimum of Diploma or Degree in a technical field.
- Technical aptitude and basic understanding of internet technologies and operating / hardware systems
- Demonstrated track record managing similar responsibilities at a competitive organization for minimum of one year.
- Fluency in English; excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interest in shaping the organization, including through revamping of current structures/processes
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly independent and self-directed manner, while effectively communicating about gaps and risks
- Strong analytical and technical skills, including a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
CLICK HERE to apply online