H. Young & Co. (E.A) Ltd is the leading Engineering and Construction Company and has its headquarters in Nairobi Kenya.
H. Young & CO. (E.A) Ltd recognizes that is success depends on its employees and therefore has a highly qualified mix of both local and International staff that provides quality services and products to consistently meet key objectives and deadlines.
Overall Objective: Responsible for assisting in planning, design, maintenance, construction and other emergency works.
Roles & Responsibility:
- Preparing engineering designs
- Preparing and processing tender documentation
- Reviewing standards and specifications of works
- Supervising of works contracts
- Developing and monitoring works programmes
- Collecting, collating and compiling maintenance work program
- Preparing maintenance contract documents
- Preparing, monitoring and evaluating Strategic Plans and projects
- Preparing quality assurance plans
- Preparing reports on all works programmes.
- Must be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University.
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage;
- Must be a Registered Engineer with the Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK);
- Must be a member of the Institution of Engineers of Kenya (MIEK);
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in management of construction projects
- Must have proficiency in MS Office and MS Project
- Proficiency in Computer applications / Microsoft office Suite applications Skills
- A thorough technical understanding of building construction methods
- MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel and Power-point) with excellent command of oral and written English and Kiswahili
- Possess business etiquette with a strong work ethic, high level of honesty/integrity, results oriented, ability to deliver under pressure
- Ability to read, interpret construction drawings/documents and have a good appreciation of construction processes.