- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons.
- Mix and serve drinks to patrons, directly or through wait staff.
- Collect money for drinks served.
- Check identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Balance cash receipts.
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers’ excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons.
- Stock bar with beer, wine, liquor, and related supplies such as ice, glassware, napkins, or straws.
- Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Clean bars, work areas, and tables.
- Plan, organize, and control the operations of a cocktail lounge or bar.
- Order or requisition liquors and supplies.
- Good mixology experience
- A person who is honest, has great personality and attitude
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2456”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2456 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 10th October 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.