Reports to: General Manager, Group business
Direct Reports: Business Development Manager Pensions, Business Development Manager Group Life
Job Summary: To grow sales in the Group Life and Segregated pensions business (both corporate and individual pension plans) through the direct business, Internally Tied Agents and Brokers.
- To develop and implement a new business acquisition plan through the direct, tied agency and brokers in order to achieve the budgeted sales targets
- To develop and implement a product training plan through the various distribution channels in order to increase uptake of group life
- To achieve the set sales targets in order to contribute to the overall growth and profitability of the business.
- To oversee implementation of the existing incentive scheme for intermediaries in order to achieve the targeted sales numbers
- To report periodically on sales and channel performance to the various stakeholders; management and board
- To implement innovative findings emanating from the research and innovation function and market practice in order to position companies offer
- To achieve optimal business retention in corporate Group Life and pensions business.
- To ensure continuous compliance of brokers in response to changes in the regulatory environment.
- To motivate brokers and other intermediaries for continued support and enhance relationships.
- To lead and coach staff effectively in order to achieve optimal sales and retention of corporate business as well as achieve optimal staff retention.
- Knowledge of pension and group life products
- Understanding Direct client, broker, Bancassurance and other distribution channels
- Good grasp and understanding of sales and marketing of group life and pensions business
- Excellent market and industry knowledge and trends of insurance and pensions sector
- Knowledge of Insurance Act, Retirement Benefits Authority, AKI, AIBK and other legislation relevant to Life and Pensions industry
- Risk Awareness (Reputational, Market, Credit, Operational, Fraud, Financial)
- Broker business – Risk & Investment Management
- Financial services industry knowledge
- Market and Competitor Understanding
- Excellent selling & closing skills
- Enterprising skills
- Ability to implement and follow through
- Leadership & Relationship management skills
- Presentation and communication Skills
- Negotiation & Conflict resolution skills
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in sales under corporate Pension & Life Business (3 of which should be at leadership role)
- Demonstration of experience and knowledge in working with brokers and other distribution channels
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree (or Business related Degree)
- MBA will be an added advantage
- Professional qualification in Insurance (ACII or AIIK, LOMA) or ongoing pursuit thereof
- Diploma in Sales & Marketing (Desirable)
- Relating and Networking
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Persuading and Influencing
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Planning and Organising
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Working with People
Qualified candidates to send their cvs to email@example.com on or before 21st October 2016 indicating current and expected salary
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted