Position: Procurement Coordinator
Term: Full-Time 1-year renewable contract
Position Overview: Heshima Kenya is a nonprofit organization based in Nairobi Kenya dedicated to identifying, protecting and empowering unaccompanied refugee minors, especially adolescent girls, through our specialized shelter, education and advocacy programs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage supplier’s relationships, contacts, and pre-qualifications lists.
- Examine and re-evaluate existing contracts
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Control spending and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Review and finalize details of orders and deliveries
- Perform risk management regarding supply contracts and agreements
- Collaborate with program managers to ensure the clarity of the specifications and expectations of the organization
- Maintain procurement files (paper and electronic backup) according to the policies, procedures and regal requirement.
- Provide procurement procedures and policy guidance and interpretation to program staff.
- Coach, mentor, and train program staff on procurement policies and procedures.
- Support the procurement of a wide-range of goods, commodities, and services through sub-contracts and purchase orders.
- Develop tools and forms required for procurements, contracts, and other agreements such as bid analyses and selection and negotiation memos.
- Undertake procurement functions that include preparing specifications and solicitation documents, managing bid evaluations.
- Manage the project procurement and ensure compliance with HK policies, contractual terms and other applicable rules and regulations.
- Liaise with the Finance Department to ensure correct vendor payments, follow through on financial procurement budgets and accuracy of financial procurement documentation presented;
- Manage communication with vendors and staff to facilitate smooth implementation of procurement procedures.
- Draft requests for quotations and proposals
- Facilitate and follow up on approvals of requisite documents required in the procurement process;
- Sound knowledge of procurement procedures and systems
- Good judgement and initiative
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a agility in “reading” the market trends
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Outstanding negotiation and networking skills
- Good understanding of project cycle and time management
- High levels of courtesy, listening and communication skills
- Very analytical and keen on attention to details
- High level of integrity
- Computer literate especially knowledge of MS Access databases, Excell, word
- University degree in Supply chain management, Business Administration or related field with 3 years of practical experience in similar position.
- Postgraduate diploma in Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS)
- Membership of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management
- Three (3) years’ experience in procurement a must.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Certified knowledge of donor rules and regulations on procurement and funds management.
- Computer literacy
- Planning and organizational skills
Your application should be send to the address below indicating the position applied in the email subject by close of business Friday 28th October 2016.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications. Heshima Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
NB. All applications should only be send through the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.