The responsibility of the House Mother is to provide personal care, ensuring good behavior and hygiene standards of children are maintained.
She must lend an empathetic ear to children with problems or organize counseling services whenever necessary to make them feel loved, appreciated and at home
- Secondary school level education (KCSE) or its equivalent
- Experience working with children, especially infants and toddlers required
- Formal training in Early Childhood development / Knowledge about child development and appropriate practice is an added advantage.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English, Kiswahili and local languages.
- Well organized; able to plan and set priorities
- Basic counselling skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Easily makes rapport with children of all ages
- Able to relate with guardians in a professional way.
- Has ability to mentor and be of good example to children.
- Team-player, ready to help others
- Trainable, ready and able to learn
- Sensitive and understanding
How to Apply
Interested applicants meeting the above criteria can apply before 25th October 2016.