art Hospital – Kenyatta University Hospital (KUH) in line with the
University Strategic Plan and the Government Vision 2030 Development
The Hospital aspires to meet the health needs of all
Kenyans as well as regional and global citizens. The hospital will also
offer training of highly skilled medical personnel while carrying out
To this end the University seeks to employ a highly qualified and self-driven person to the following position:
Human Resource Manager
- Oversee and ensure planning for all human resources required in the hospital in collaboration and coordination with other heads of sections and units of the hospital and thus contribute to its overall strategic planning.
- Coordinate the implementation of the human resource management component of hospital strategic plan within the vision, mission and culture of the hospital and other national and international human resource management frameworks.
- Coordinate all the human resource functions in the hospital and represent the section and its pertinent matters within the hospital.
- Ensure and maintain an up-to-date hospital human resource register, staff contracts, balanced placement in order to maintain optimal utilisation of all human resources in the hospital.
- Ensure that the human resource section of the hospital has all human and non-human resources required to offer human resource management services in the hospital.
- Conduct and coordinate capacity assessment and capacity situations in the hospital in order to ensure continuous sufficiency, efficiency and effectiveness for sustainability and continuous performance and productivity in the hospital.
- Establish human resource policies and procedures for the hospital within the framework of local and international labour laws and policies and communicate the same to all stakeholders in the hospital.
- Coordinate human resource processes of recruitment, placement and induction, compensation and maintenance, welfare, performance and reward management, disciplinary, and separation in the hospital
- Initiate and coordinate disciplinary action and processes of hospital staff in collaboration with other sections and units heads in the hospital within the established policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and provide human resource management services and service delivery in the hospital ensuring that they meet the expected standards and compliance in the hospital.
- Supervise human resource management section staff together with their services in the hospital, to ensure that they offer timely services within the expected standards, complying with the Labour Laws, Employment Relations human resource practices in the hospital.
- Ensure and coordinate continuous staff training needs assessment and implement the appropriate training and development in the human resource management section and entire hospital for their effective and efficient performance and productivity in the hospital.
- Ensure and provide continuous staff motivation and inspiration through performance and reward management practices in the hospital.
- Ensure attraction, retention and maintenance of skilled, experienced and competent human resources in the hospital through good leadership, sound human resource management practices and competitive salaries and remunerations within SRC recommended frameworks.
- Ensure and provide human resource advisory service to the hospital executive, other sections and units and other stakeholders through the appropriate media.
- Work with other section heads and specialists to solve single or multiple problematic human resource issue (s), whenever it arises in the hospital.
- Liaise with government agencies such as the Public Service Commission, Salaries and Remuneration Commission and the Industrial Court, and COTU to ensure human resource management and relations compliance in the hospital.
- Oversee and coordinate monitoring and evaluation of progress and achievement of the human resource management section’s programmes, procedures, processes and services in the hospital, and prepare and disseminate periodic reports appropriately.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Management or Social Sciences from a recognized institution
- Masters’ Degree in Human Resource Management from a recognized institution
- Registration with the Institute of Human Resource Management
- At least five years’ working experience as a Human Resource Manager in a similar level organization.
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of industrial and labour laws
- Knowledge of industrial/employment relations
- Psychological Counseling skills
- Knowledge of professional standards
Additional Skills / Requirements
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Leadership skills
- Team building skills
- Observation skills
- Analytical skills
- Resilient and compassionate
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must pass the integrity test as required by Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya
Terms of Service: The terms for the above position includes a generous medical scheme, house allowance and commuting allowance.
applicants should provide full details of educational and professional
qualification, work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s
telephone number and e-mail address.
Copies of certificates
and testimonials should also be enclosed giving the names and addresses
of three (3) referees who are conversant with the applicant’s competence
in area of specialization.
Applicants and Referees should write directly to:
P. O. Box 43844 – 00100
Applications and letters from the referees should be received not later than, 1st November 2016.
Kenyatta University is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.