Role Title: Human Resources Manager
Department or Function: HRM.
Reports to Role: Director
Location: Turkana – Kenya
Role Purpose: To offer support to the management on all issues relating to human capital, and all standards.
Responsible for :
- Recruitment and Placement. Personnel filing.
- Payroll processing including staff attendance device i.e. clocking and staff cards
- Statutory registrations and deduction
- Staff medical cover
- Insurance including Workman Compensation handling
- Leave management.
- Quality management System updates.
- Coordination of all non-financial audits in the farm including internal audits.
- To assist the Production and Post Harvest Managers in the labor force requirement, planning, motivation, control and evaluation.
- Office management including telephone and receptionist
- Training and development. DIT.
- Annual and periodic staff performance appraisals at all levels of Company employees and review Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Review and optimize employee’s job description on a regular basis
- Direct people responsibility: The person in this function will be responsible for the supervision of the Payroll processing Clerk, the Standard Officer, the office secretary, the company nurses, the drivers, the house staff and the company Security sub-contracted team in terms of HR..
Knowledge Skills & Experience:
- Personnel administration and management.
- Kenyan labour laws.
- Data base and payroll systems
- Ms word and Ms Excel
- Turkana language will be highly preferred
- People management.
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills.
- Hands on
- 5 years experience in Personnel administration preferably in an industrial setting.
Qualified candidates to apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.