ILRI is one of 15 CGIAR research centres and is the only centre dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world.
- Develop an institutional strategy and implementation plan for broadening the investor base of the organization, and successfully develop substantial funding streams, in line with ILRI’s Corporate Strategy
- Actively grow and maintain the institute’s networks with investors and enhance cooperation with donor governments through personal contacts and consultations to identify further scope for research for development activities
- Develop and implement an investor communication strategy in collaboration with the Public Awareness and Research teams
- Oversee day-to-day communications with donors regarding grants and institutional fundraising
- Develop, implement and supervise internal processes and procedures to support researchers in the development of high quality research proposals
- Provide oversight of the Business Development unit
- Advanced degree in non-profit management, fundraising, communications, business administration or related degree plus equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in fundraising in not-for-profit organizations
- Proven experience in fundraising for international organizations in developing countries, particularly the agriculture/livestock sectors, including playing the lead role in generating large grants
- Extensive personal networks among investors supporting agriculture
- Excellent networking skills and proven ability to work with a diverse number of partners/stakeholders
- Ability to bring together people and ideas in innovative ways aligned to both scientific and donor landscapes
- Track record in bringing together funding and leading creative teams addressing complex problems
- Experience in engaging with multidisciplinary teams and understand the highly dispersed and networked nature of modern science
Position level: 5A
Duration: 3 years with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and continued funding.
Benefits: ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes 15% Pension, Medical insurance, Life insurance and allowances for; Education, Housing, Relocation, Home leave, Annual holiday entitlement of 30 days + public holidays.
Applications: Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae with full details of current remuneration: a list of publications and names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience should be included in the curriculum vitae.
All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal HERE by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above, screening of applications will start on 31st October 2016 and continue until the position is filled.
To find out more about ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.