IMA World Health
USAID / Kenya and East Africa
Chief of Party – Kenya Afya Jijini Program
IMA World Health is the prime contractor for the USAID / Kenya and East Africa Afya Jijini program in Kenya.
Afya Jijini seeks to improve and increase access and utilization of quality health services in Kenya through strengthened service delivery and institutional capacity of county health systems within Nairobi.
The program has three main sub-purposes:
- Increase access and utilization of quality HIV services
- Increase access and utilization of focused maternal, new born and child health (MNCH), family planning (FP), water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) and nutrition services
- Strengthen and increase the functionality of county health systems
Afya Jijini is working with the county government with emphasis on partnership with the county health management teams to implement the county health strategic and investment plan.
IMA seeks to hire the following positions to support Afya Jijini’s work.
Chief of Party – Kenya Afya Jijini
The USAID-funded Kenya Afya Jijini (Nairobi) Program looks to strengthen Health and Human Capacity and increase overall health services through the expansion of quality HIV/AIDS services, focused Maternal, Newborn, Child Health (MNCH); Family Planning (FP); increasing Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); and Nutrition services and finally by strengthening County Health Systems.
The Chief of Party will oversee all aspects of program implementation, including technical, financial and administrative management, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting; and ensure quality, impact and cost effectiveness of the program.
- Lead technical implementation, direction, and vision of program components.
- Provide overall supervision of program activities, including management of personnel and subcontractors.
- Monitor progress of program objectives and work with the country director and program officers in headquarters to ensure quality control.
- Serve as IMA’s representative to USAID, the Kenyan government, other donors and multinationals, technical agencies and other participating organizations.
- Manage quality and timely reporting to USAID through monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Lead development of the annual work plan and M&E plan.
- Ensure visibility of program results, achievements and lessons learned through presentations at conferences and workshops and/or publishing articles through professional journals.
- Ensure technical capacity of staff and provide technical assistance and backstopping when required.
- Ensure project expenses are reasonable and in accordance with USAID rules and regulations.
The position requires a competent and experienced person with the following attributes:
- Advanced degree in international health, public health, or related field.
- Medical doctors are strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of successful implementation of projects in health systems strengthening, HIV/AIDS programs, family planning, maternal and child health, organizational development, or related projects.
- Must had USAID Contracts experience.
- Experience leading donor-funded projects in Kenya or elsewhere in Africa.
- Demonstrated familiarity and understanding of USAID policies and regulations.
- Experience supervising personnel in a multicultural environment.
- Demonstrated leadership in working with host country officials from the health, community, NGO, FBO and CBO sectors.
- Fluency in English.
- Proficiency in Swahili is preferred.
- Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date is: 7th October 2016