Terms of reference
Job title: Project Manager WASH (national position)
Location: Baidoa (Somalia) with frequent travel to Nairobi (Kenya)
Starting date: December 2016
Duration of contract: 6 months
Tasks and responsibilities
The Project Manager WASH guarantees the correct overall management of the assigned project, management of budget and personnel, and he ensures the realization of the WASH activities in Baidoa District.
Specifically the Project Manager WASH will:
- Be responsible for implementation of the ongoing projects according to the signed Agreement and further modification approved by the donors
- Be responsible for assessments, projects design, reports (final and interim) preparations for institutional and public funding.
- Be responsible for the timely submission of project proposals as well as external and internal reports to donors and clusters.
- Be responsible of the preparation of all the accounting documents, including tender and procurement for intermediate and final financial reports required by donors.
- Be responsible for staffing and appraisal of the national personnel involved in the projects.
- Ensure a steady and active representation of INTERSOS at cluster level as well in all the other, significant meetings (i.e. coordination among education partners, CRC etc.).
- Maintain daily relationship with the Donors and involve the Head of Mission whereas strategic opportunity can arise.
- Fund raising at Nairobi level in order to expand WASH activities in Middle Shabelle and Bay region (Diinsor District).
- Maintain ongoing surveillance of the developing humanitarian situation and adjust activities accordingly.
- Supervise and monitor the construction of WASH infrastructure as envisaged in the project proposal
- Coordinate with local authorities in Baidoa Town.
- MSc Degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in relevant program management or technical advisory roles in complex WASH projects preferably in Africa; experience in Somalia will be highly preferred.
- Expertise in government, non-governmental, and community capacity building for WASH.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Facilitation, negotiation, motivation, team building and management skills.
- Ability to make decisions in an ambiguous environment and to operate in a decentralized organization.
- Supportive, versatile and flexible.
- Team player, able to make quick decisions.
- Able to prioritize effectively for execution with limited resources
- Strong analytical and logical ability, communication and coaching skills.
- Knowledge of technical software for designing water networks.
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their curriculum vitae, motivation letter and 2 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying in the subject ‘Project Manager WASH_Somalia”
Closing date: 14 Oct 2016
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview