International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Position Title: Procurement / Store Clerk
VN No.: IOMKE/SVN/081/2016
Duty Station: Dadaab, Kenya
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G3
Type of Appointment: 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: November 07, 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Context: Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub-Office Dadaab and under the direct supervision of the procurement logistics assistant Dadaab, the incumbent will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Carry out the tracking and verification of supplies quality and supervision of its loading, offloading and transportation.
- Receive all incoming supplies, check for accuracy against delivery notes and purchase orders, and report on any discrepancies.
- Supervise casual cargo handlers, verify work has been done, prepare and track payments.
- Ensure all assets are well maintained, stored and assist in conducting a periodic inventory of IOM assets or whenever requested.
- Coordinate with requesting units on goods/services to be received and obtain satisfactory delivery notes.
- Provide and follow up the office needs of stock, expendables, services and share the same with COS assistant/HSO.
- Ensure there is an adequate and neatly organized filling system for waybills, inventory records and other procurement and logistical records.
- Ensure cleanliness and orderly arrangement of stores.
- As needed may Act as COS assistant during his absence due to illness/leave.
- Perform any other related tasks as requested.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field from an accredited academic institution with one year of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High School/ Certificate with three years of relevant professional experience.
- Be proficient with Ms Office Products (Excel, Outlook, word etc.)
- Be a team player, flexible and willing to learn.
- Ability to pay attention to details, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required.
- Somali language is an added advantage
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Submit cover letter and CV, including daytime telephone and e-mail contact to:
International Organization for Migration (IOM),
Human Resources Department,
P.O. Box 55040,00200,
or send via e-mail to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 07 November, 2016
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted.
No Fee: The International Organization for Migration (IOM) does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, process or training). IOM does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank details.
The applications from qualified residents of Dadaab are especially encouraged and will be favorably considered.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.