KCAU seeks to recruit a highly motivated, innovative and committed candidate with a high sense of integrity to fill the following position in The Registrar’s Department;
Deputy Registrar – Examinations
The person will be responsible for ensuring effective management of examination process, academic records and resources.
- In consultation with the Deans, publish the final examination timetable and implement procedures for setting and collecting examination, formalizing the results with the academic departments and examination boards;
- Coordination of University award congregations inclusive of annual prize giving and graduation ceremonies;
- Ensure timely completion of examination process and accurate declaration of results;
- To regularly review the quality and effectiveness of the examinations process towards meeting customer requirements;
- In consultation with the Registrar, to continuously improve the examination processes;
- Develop and maintain a risk register for the office and ensure safe custody of examinations;
- Maintain the examinations database of candidates to ensure continuous assessment and examinations records are up to date and prepare reports and statistics on examinations performance;
- Ensure implementation of all examinations rules, procedures and policies and Supervise examination officers to maintain service and operational standards in the examinations office;
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget for examination related functions and resources;
- In liaison with the Deans enforce deadlines for submission of marked exams and marking schemes;
- Assist in the formulation of faculty examination policy in liaison with the Dean & University Registrar;
- To provide leadership in provision of an effective and efficient records management system in exams office;
- To provide leadership in publishing of results, printing and recording of academic certificates, grades and transcripts;
- Undertake such other tasks as may be reasonably expected within the scope and grade of the post at the request of University Management to ensure University objectives are met.
- Masters degree
- 5 years’ relevant work experience
- Time management skills and attention to detail;
- Good report writing skills;
- Good interpersonal & communication skills;
- High level of confidentiality;
- Computer literacy;
- Knowledge of the ERP system;
- Planning and organization skills.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should submit an application letter and detailed CV indicating current and desired salary with three references (Referees contacts should have updated email addresses and phone numbers).
The Director, Human Resources,
P.O Box 56808-00200,