The Position: Reporting to the Head, Digital Financial Services and Mobile Payments, the jobholder will be responsible for digital product and business development of digital services (online services, ecommerce, mobile money mobile payments, digital acquiring etc.), to increase revenue, functionality, usage and retention.
- Collecting, analysing and interpreting primary and secondary research data
- Owning competitive analysis and market insights for multiple product and services within financial services industry
- Developing reports, presentations and marketing materials to support business & product development
- Delivering audience insights and strategic recommendations to guide product strategy
- Collaborating with cross-functional team, including developers, operations, business development, marketing, product management and engineering
- Apply your expertise in research design, analysis and the presentation of data to uncover unique actionable insights about behaviour, technology & financial services
- Define insightful hypotheses and identify methods to leverage KCB’s large internal data sets to validate hypotheses and enhance 3rd party research work with proprietary data.
- Build meaningful cross-functional relationships and help activate our research to internal and external audiences (e.g., through industry conferences).
- Have a keen eye for and focus on impact and ability to prioritize research projects based on desired outcomes.
- Be willing to train and coach team members.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University Degree in Statistics or Business related field
- Excellent statistical intuition, application, and knowledge of various predictive analytics/statistical modelling
- A minimum of 5 years relevant working experience (in a similar role) with strong technical analytical ability and data mining skills
- Extensive experience querying large, complex, and raw data sets in Teradata/Hive/Hadoop databases (or similar environments)
- Extensive experience analyzing syndicated technology & financial services research data
- Proficient in advanced SQL coding across various databases
- Exceptional communicator across all levels of the organization; able to effectively present data and ‘translate’ findings for a non-technical audience; possesses the executive presence to successfully liaise with senior leadership team members
- Proven ability to learn quickly, work independently, and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated competences in championing high performance management.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Solid understanding of digital financial services landscape, Banking and technology.
- High attention to detail, organization, team-orientation, and an ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Mastery of PowerPoint/Keynote and Excel/Numbers (preferably Apple OS).
- Experience working within a performance management environment – e.g. KPIs
The above positions are demanding roles which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidates.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday 28th October, 2016
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.