The Kenya National Highways Authority (KeNHA), a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure, Housing and Urban Development, was established under the Kenya Roads Act, 2007 and charged with the mandate to manage, develop, rehabilitate and maintain national roads.
In order to carry out this mandate effectively, the Authority wishes to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: Senior Road Asset Protection Officer
Place of Work: Head Office
Reporting to: Manager, Road Assets Protection
Supervises: Road Asset Protection Officers
Job Purpose: The Senior Road Asset Protection Officer will be responsible for the identification, acquisition and protection of National Road Assets.
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Preparing road reserve protection work plans;
- Undertaking data collection and analysis of the status of the road reserves under KeNHA;
- Organizing and facilitating the opening of road reserves and ensuring removal of illegal structures/utilities, and preparation of the necessary documentation;
- Liaising and coordinating with other road authorities, stakeholders and ensuring harmonious and coordinated operations;
- Organizing and facilitating the rehabilitation of road reserves damaged by floods and liaising with the Disaster Management Team, where necessary;
- Identifying survey requirements and standards for road reserve acquisition and protection; and
- Performing any other duties as assigned by Manager, Road Asset Protection
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following, Civil Engineering, Surveying and Mapping, Social Sciences or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Registration with a Professional Body in any of the above disciplines
- 6 years minimum experience in Public Administration or Roads Sector.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the mandates of Public Service Sector and Security Agencies.
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of National Road Network and Classifications
- Excellent Public and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Computer applications / Microsoft office Suite applications Skills
In addition to the above requirements, an officer must have the following key personal attributes and core competencies:
- Analytical, Decisive, Self-drive, Innovative and creative, Respect for others, Non-judgemental and Diversity conscious, Resilient and Integrity
- Teamwork, Communication Skills, People management, Problem solving and Networking skills
- Leadership skills and Professionalism;
- Planning, Coordination, Conflict resolution and Negotiation skills.
How to Apply
Prospective candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of Leadership and Integrity as set out in Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya and attach the following testimonials to the application;
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission clearance certificate
- Kenya revenue Authority Tax compliance Certificate
- Higher Education Loans Board clearance certificate or proof of ongoing repayments
- Certificate of Good Conduct issued by Kenya Police – CID
Candidates who meet the requirements detailed in the Job Specifications should submit their applications so as to reach the specific addresses shown below by close of business on 28th October, 2016 at 5.00pm.
Applications to include CVs with details of their day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees.
Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials and copies of National ID or Passport.
The Director General,
Kenya National Highways Authority,
Blue Shield Towers, 9th floor, Hospital Hill Road,
P.O Box 49712-00100,
Applications may also be hand delivered and inserted in the Recruitment box located on the 1st Floor (HR Department) or emailed to:
KeNHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality within the organization and therefore encourages persons living with disability, women and those from marginalized areas to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.