established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya to
provide efficient, reliable, safe and cost effective means of
transporting quality oil and gas from source to the customer.
to this objective, the Company is seeking to recruit a highly motivated
visionary, dynamic and results oriented candidate to fill the
- Planning and ensuring production of financial statements and coordination of external audits.
- Coordinating the annual external audit within the department.
- Managing treasury activities and recommending to management investment options for surplus funds and fulfilling daily cash requirements of the organization.
- Keeping abreast with emerging accounting and regulatory issues and evaluating their impact on the company to ensure compliance.
- Review the information processing systems and recommending improvements and ensuring that the existing internal controls are working and being adhered to by all.
- Supervision and motivation of staff.
- Ensure all claims against the company are settled in time while adhering to the laid down procedures.
- Review the existing policies and procedures and come up with additional policies and procedures to address the identified gaps.
- Ensure only goods and services consumed by the organization are paid for at the agreed terms with proper authorization.
- Ensure compliance with Tax laws and other relevant Government legislation in respect to deduction and remittance of taxes and other statutory deductions.
- Develop and motivate staff to improve productivity and efficiency.
- In-depth knowledge of financial management, credit evaluation techniques, loss control methods, due diligence processes and taxation law.
- Considerable knowledge of principles, methods and practices of governmental accounting and budgeting
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and prepare relevant reports for management
- Ability to resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully
- Ability to maintain professional status, high integrity and keep abreast of evolving trends in accounting and finance through continuing professional development
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook express including financial and statistical packages
- Ability to deliver Kenya Pipeline Company’s articulated vision for change, create a sense of urgency around change and motivates staff to join change efforts
- Minimum eight (8) years relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, or Finance
- CPA (K) or ACCA or recognized equivalent
- Membership to ICPAK or equivalent professional body.
appointments will be on a three year (3) contract terms renewable
subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance
targets and outcomes.
Candidates interested in these positions are expected to fulfil the
requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the address below
enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional
qualifications, and attach copies of certificates and relevant
Applications may be deposited at our Head Office, Kenpipe Plaza, Ground floor in the APPLICATION BOX or posted to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P.O. Box 73442, 00200
All applications should be received not later than Friday, 14th October, 2016.
Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity and gender equality. Women and Persons with disability are
encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.