established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya to
provide efficient, reliable, safe and cost effective means of
transporting quality oil and gas from source to the customer.
to this objective, the Company is seeking to recruit a highly motivated
visionary, dynamic and results oriented candidate to fill the
- Guide and oversee the functions of Marketing, Business Development, and Customer Relations.
- Coordinate business research programmes to guide strategies for business growth and diversification.
- Coordinate surveys on new products and market needs.
- Develop a competitive service pricing strategy
- Guide and oversee formulation and implementation of marketing plans, customer relations and programmes.
- Coordinate activities of market intelligence and competitor analysis to position the Company in the dynamic business environment.
- Oversee development and compliance with Departmental Strategic Plan.
- Manage performance within the Department.
- Oversee adherence to policies and other statutory requirements.
- Knowledge of the petroleum industry
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Leadership skills
- Effective management skills
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of marketing and customer relations principles.
- Ability to understand changing market dynamics.
- Marshal resources; people, funding, material and support to get things done
- Creativity and Innovation
- Develops and presents budgets that realistically reflect the needs of the departmental.
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience five (5) of which should be at senior level in a large and busy organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Commerce, Economics, Business Administration or any related field.
- Membership to a relevant professional body e.g. MSK
appointments will be on a three year (3) contract terms renewable
subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance
targets and outcomes.
Candidates interested in these positions are expected to fulfil the
requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the address below
enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional
qualifications, and attach copies of certificates and relevant
Applications may be deposited at our Head Office, Kenpipe Plaza, Ground floor in the APPLICATION BOX or posted to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P.O. Box 73442, 00200
All applications should be received not later than Friday, 14th October, 2016.
Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity and gender equality. Women and Persons with disability are
encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.