established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya to
provide efficient, reliable, safe and cost effective means of
transporting quality oil and gas from source to the customer.
to this objective, the Company is seeking to recruit a highly motivated
visionary, dynamic and results oriented candidate to fill the
- Schedule management: responsible for scheduling the MD’s and Executive Team’s engagement and meetings including agenda
- Office management: responsible for overseeing the work of clerical and other administrative employees in the MD’s office, as well as making sure that everything is in place for the office to function smoothly,
- Communication liaison: manage the flow of information to members of the Executive Leadership team including summarizing reports and memos that are received before passing the information on to Executive Team or MD
- Information Preparation: will be responsible for preparing information for internal and external distribution. This may include letters and memos, compiling data for reports, creating presentations, writing reports and speeches, and other information preparation duties
- Data Analysis: will be involved in data analysis, so as to guide decision making by the MD and the Executive Team using a combination of computer and critical thinking skills. This will include analysis of financial and other business data to create reports that provide the MD and the Executive with necessary insights for decision making;
- Budget Management: will be responsible for management of the MD’s departmental budget, tracking monthly spend, variance analysis and reporting and supporting the MD in preparation of the annual departmental budgets;
- Records Management: will be responsible for setting up and managing both electronic and paper filing systems for the MD, as well as Executive Team meetings record-keeping requirements
- Discretion: position holder will be privy to information that must be protected, so being able to maintain utmost confidentiality and exercise discretion is essential for success in this job.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business and or Engineering related field from a recognized University/or Institution.
- (Windows, Ms-Word, Ms-Excel, Ms-Access and Internet) from a recognized institution or Computer proficiency especially windows applications, SAP and or SCADA;
- A master’s degree e.g. MBA, MSc – from a reputable institution;
- At least Ten(10) years’ working experience, five (5) of which must have been in a middle to senior management position in a Commercial and or Engineering field
- High integrity and confidentiality
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills;
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to work under pressure in an unstructured way,
- Ability to perform within strict deadlines
- good command of Business English, office practice and customer care
- Demonstrated ability to work professionally and deal with large volumes of data and work assignments
appointments will be on a three year (3) contract terms renewable
subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance
targets and outcomes.
Candidates interested in these positions are expected to fulfil the
requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the address below
enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional
qualifications, and attach copies of certificates and relevant
Applications may be deposited at our Head Office, Kenpipe Plaza, Ground floor in the APPLICATION BOX or posted to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P.O. Box 73442, 00200
All applications should be received not later than Friday, 14th October, 2016.
Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity and gender equality. Women and Persons with disability are
encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.