established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya to
provide efficient, reliable, safe and cost effective means of
transporting quality oil and gas from source to the customer.
to this objective, the Company is seeking to recruit a highly motivated
visionary, dynamic and results oriented candidate to fill the
- Ensure availability of resources to implement and maintain the quality system including ISO/EI 17025
- Ensure laboratory equipment calibration or verification programs are implemented by authorized personnel.
- Reviews policies and procedures to determine the need for new procedures or modification of procedures.
- Ensures that equipment and reagents procured meet the requirements of the test methods.
- Verifies adequacy, approves, and maintains Quality Management System documents.
- Ensures that management review meetings are held as per plan
- Ensures customer complaints are resolved and customer feedback surveys are periodically carried out.
- Reviews, approves and ensures corrective action plans for non-conforming tests is implemented and monitored
- Identifies and documents the required education, experience, and professional credentials for each position in the laboratory.
- Ensures that test methods are verified and uncertainty of measurement for all methods is determined.
- Facilitates budgetary provision for the section on test equipment and associated accessories and spares
- Coordinating with other departments to achieve overall objectives of the Company.
- Developing prudent departmental policies consistent with Company rules and regulations.
- Provide technical leadership to Quality Control teams to enable them develop, implement, and evaluate strategic management plans and budgets aimed at improving performance standards and organizational effectiveness.
- Develop and implement strategies for creating a high performing organizational culture based on transparency, integrity, accountability, performance measurement, and ISO/EI 17025.
- Initiate and participate in organizational performance reviews and business process improvement programmes as well as undertake special investigations aimed at improving organizational effectiveness.
- Review incidents of violations product quality infractions as well as handle employee disputes and take appropriate action in line with approved policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Conduct training needs assessment, design, and implement training programmes aimed at equipping staff with appropriate job competencies in order to improve the design and delivery of high quality services.
- Plan, monitor, and evaluate the performance of staff against set targets and objectives and implementing development action plans aimed at building the capacity of individuals.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of KPC requirements including broad knowledge of international trends in petroleum and environmental testing
- Strong well developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills including ability to prepare relevant reports.
- Flexibility and responsiveness in handling and determining Quality Control issues , sound analytical skills and the ability to identify with precision the critical factors of a problem in an impartial and objective way.
- Demonstrated ability to deal patiently and sympathetically with people from diverse backgrounds and to develop practical solutions to problems.
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving trends in product testing through continuing professional development.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Project, Power Point, and Outlook express including SAP.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in risk management, assurance the quality of test results.
- Ability to deliver KPC’s articulated vision for change, create a sense of urgency around change and motivates staff to join change efforts.
- Ability to establish flexible teams of quality control staff in an environment conducive to continuous learning, creativity, and innovation.
- Ability to empower staff through coaching and counselling by emphasizing accountability and results oriented management rather than direct supervision.
- Ability to coach and empower staff to adhere to ethics in testing in the laboratory
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience five (5) of which should be at senior level in a large and busy organization.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or any related field from a recognized University
- Membership to a relevant professional body.
Candidates interested in these positions are expected to fulfil the
requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Specifically, those applying for positions listed above must obtain and submit with their application, copies of the following;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
The above appointments are on Three (3) Year Contract Terms (Renewable subject to good performance)
qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job
Reference No. on both the application and envelope and send to the
address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background,
professional qualifications, and attach copies of certificates, relevant
testimonials and National ID.
Applications may be deposited at our Head Office, Kenpipe Plaza, Ground floor in the APPLICATION BOX
or posted to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P.O. Box 73442, 00200
All applications should be received not later than 5.00pm on Wednesday, 19th October, 2016
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.