established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya to
provide efficient, reliable, safe and cost effective means of
transporting quality oil and gas from source to the customer.
to this objective, the Company is seeking to recruit a highly motivated
visionary, dynamic and results oriented candidate to fill the
- Study products demands in the market and at KPC Depots/Terminals and carry out forecasts to determine realistic pumping schedules to maximize pipeline utilization and ensure adequate product stocks in the storage depots to meet customers’ requirements.
- Plan the pipeline network pumping schedule in consultation with the oil industry coordinator and communicate to the respective pumping stations for implementation after approval by Operations Manager before.
- Prepare and periodically update the KOSF shipping nominations and ensure implementation as planned by the Petroleum industry.
- Prepare Transportation and Storage Agreements for new Pipeline users
- Keep abreast of Petroleum Industry decisions between the Marketers and the Government and implement where KPC is involved.
- Closely liaise with Kenya Revenue Authority on matters related to Petroleum products taxation and advice OM accordingly.
- Represent KPC at Oil Industry supply coordination meetings, in the industry vessel scheduling/ullage committee and other industry stakeholder’s forums and update management on critical industry issues requiring KPC action.
- Prepare daily/monthly Management reports on stock status and carry out other related activities as directed by the Operations Manager.
- In consultation with Training Section, prepares training programs for staff as may be required from time to time.
- Develop and implement strategies for creating a high performance organizational culture based on transparency, integrity, accountability, performance measurement and results to ensure that programmed activities are undertaken on sound management principles and practices.
- Motivation and direction of staff under him as to ensure discipline in conformity with Company’s Staff Rules and Regulations as amended from time to time.
- Coordinate with procurement to ensure availability of sufficient stock of consumable items necessary for smooth running of the section.
- Budget planning, implementation and monitoring for the section.
- Carry out staff performance appraisals
- Promote the Quality Management System (QMS) and the Performances Management System (PMS) in the section.
- Any other duties as given from time to time by Management
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of KPC requirements including broad knowledge on Statistical Techniques.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including ability to prepare relevant reports.
- Sound analytical skills and the ability to identify with precision the critical factors of a problem in an impartial and objective way.
- Flexibility and responsiveness in handling and determining Operations issues , sound analytical skills and the ability to identify with precision the critical factors of a problem in an impartial and objective way.
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving trends through continuing professional development.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook express including statistical packages.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in risk management, quality assurance as well as monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to deliver KPC’s articulated vision for change, create a sense of urgency around change and motivates staff to join change efforts.
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience five (5) of which should be at senior level in a large and busy organization.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Commerce or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Membership to a relevant professional body.
Candidates interested in these positions are expected to fulfil the
requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Specifically, those applying for positions listed above must obtain and submit with their application, copies of the following;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
The above appointments are on Three (3) Year Contract Terms (Renewable subject to good performance)
qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job
Reference No. on both the application and envelope and send to the
address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background,
professional qualifications, and attach copies of certificates, relevant
testimonials and National ID.
Applications may be deposited at our Head Office, Kenpipe Plaza, Ground floor in the APPLICATION BOX
or posted to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P.O. Box 73442, 00200
All applications should be received not later than 5.00pm on Wednesday, 19th October, 2016
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.