established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya to
provide efficient, reliable, safe and cost effective means of
transporting quality oil and gas from source to the customer.
to this objective, the Company is seeking to recruit a highly motivated
visionary, dynamic and results oriented candidate to fill the
- Co-ordinate and follow on all aspects of Electrical, instrumentation & control, Mechanical, Corrosion Control Projects, Air wing and Civil, with an aim of maximizing equipment availability at the most economical cost.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with the Heads of Sections of Electrical, instrument & control, mechanical, Corrosion Control, Civil, Projects, and Air wing on the day to day running of the department.
- Advise the Chief Manager (Technical) on changes in engineering and additional equipment (capacity enhancement) which may be necessary for optimization of Petroleum pumping.
- Ensure proper equipment and machinery availability and utilization are achieved.
- Ensure that proper maintenance schedules are affected to improve on plant and equipment availability and efficiency.
- Prepare detailed maintenance capital budgets for the department and all on-gong projects.
- Ensure that expenditure in the department is controlled and remain within agreed budgets.
- Authorize and approve the purchase of materials, chemicals, and spare parts in the electrical, mechanical, projects, Civil, Air wing, Corrosion Control, instruments and control sections needed for efficient pumping of product.
- Plan for modifications, upgrading, rehabilitation and improvement of terminals and depots and equipment in the company as necessary.
- Follow correctness and timely production of all management reports and ensure proper dispatch and distribution of reports as necessary.
- Ensure that all safety regulations are adhered to and that the environment is protected.
- Provide technical leadership to multidisciplinary teams to enable them develop, implement and evaluate strategic corporate plans and budgets aimed at improving organization performance.
- Develop and implement strategies for creating a high performing organizational culture based on transparency, integrity, accountability, performance measurement and results to ensure that programme activities are undertaken on sound management principles and practices.
- Initiate and participate in organizational performance reviews and business process improvement programmes as well as undertake special investigations aimed at improving organizational effectiveness.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of staff in order to ensure that the candidates selected have the required job competencies and are provided with orientation and induction programme necessary for effective job performance.
- Review incidents of violations against organizational policy and regulations as well as handle employee disputes and take appropriate action in line with approved policies, procedures and regulations.
- Coordinate and implement training programs in engineering department, aimed at equipping staff with appropriate job competencies in order to improve the design and delivery of high quality services.
- Plan, monitor and evaluate the performance of staff against set targets and objectives and implementing development action plans aimed at building the capacity of individuals and multi-disciplinary teams
- Effect and Coordinate engineering designs and implementation of the projects.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of engineering aspects in Oil/gas Industry including broad knowledge of local and international standards.
- Strong well developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills including ability to prepare relevant reports.
- Flexibility and responsiveness in handling and determining engineering issues , sound analytical skills and the ability to identify with precision the critical factors of a problem in an impartial and objective way.
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving trends in Petroleum industry.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in risk management, quality assurance as well as monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to deliver KPC’s articulated vision for change.
- Ability to establish flexible multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to empower staff through coaching, mentoring and counseling.
- Minimum ten (10) years experiences in a related engineering field, five (5) of which must be at senior management of a large organization.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a recognized university
- Registered and licensed with EBK as a professional Engineer.
appointments will be on a three year (3) contract terms renewable
subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance
targets and outcomes.
Candidates interested in these positions are expected to fulfil the
requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the address below
enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional
qualifications, and attach copies of certificates and relevant
Applications may be deposited at our Head Office, Kenpipe Plaza, Ground floor in the APPLICATION BOX or posted to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P.O. Box 73442, 00200
All applications should be received not later than Friday, 14th October, 2016.
Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity and gender equality. Women and Persons with disability are
encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.