established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya to
provide efficient, reliable, safe and cost effective means of
transporting quality oil and gas from source to the customer.
to this objective, the Company is seeking to recruit a highly motivated
visionary, dynamic and results oriented candidate to fill the
Reporting to the General Manager (Infrastructure), the role is responsible for design and construction activities of engineering projects in the company to meet the intended purposes while ensuring that the funds are efficiently utilized and environmental issues are fully addressed.
- Responsible for projects management in design, construction, commissioning and handing over to ensure that the company funds are efficiently utilized during all stages of the projects and that they are implemented in accordance with the contract so that they can meet the intended use at best quality.
- Ensure proper running of all engineering projects in KPC through effective guidance to both staff in the Department and external suppliers/contractors.
- Co-ordinate the design and construction of engineering projects and ensure they are executed in accordance with the contract in a professional manner to guarantee efficiency, cost effectiveness and timely completion.
- Coordinating with other departments to achieve overall objectives of the Company.
- Developing prudent departmental policies consistent with Company rules and regulations.
- Provide technical leadership to multidisciplinary teams to enable them develop, implement and evaluate strategic management plans and budgets aimed at improving performance standards and organizational effectiveness.
- Develop and implement strategies for creating a high performing organizational culture based on transparency, integrity, accountability, performance measurement and results to ensure that programme activities are undertaken on sound management principles and practices.
- Initiate and participate in organizational performance reviews and business process improvement programmes as well as undertake special investigations aimed at improving organizational effectiveness.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of staff in order to ensure that the candidates selected have the required job competencies and are provided with orientation and induction programme necessary for effective job performance.
- Review incidents of violations against organizational policy and regulations as well as handle employee disputes and take appropriate action in line with approved policies, procedures and regulations.
- Conduct training needs assessment, design and implement training programmes aimed at equipping staff with appropriate job competencies in order to improve the design and delivery of high quality services.
- Plan, monitor and evaluate the performance of staff against set targets and objectives and implementing development action plans aimed at building the capacity of individuals and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of KPC requirements including broad knowledge of international trends in engineering projects.
- Strong well developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills including ability to prepare relevant reports.
- Flexibility and responsiveness in handling and determining civil engineering issues , sound analytical skills and the ability to identify with precision the critical factors of a problem in an impartial and objective way.
- Demonstrated ability to deal patiently and sympathetically with people from diverse backgrounds and to develop practical solutions to problems.
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving trends in engineering through continuing professional development.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint and Outlook express including financial and statistical packages.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in risk management, quality assurance as well as monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to deliver KPC’s articulated vision for change, create a sense of urgency around change and motivates staff to join change efforts.
- Ability to establish flexible multidisciplinary teams in an environment conducive to continuous learning, creativity and innovation.
- Ability to empower staff through coaching and counseling by emphasizing accountability and results oriented management rather than direct supervision.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years relevant experience gained in Project Management operations during design and implementation, ten (10) of which will be from a large business concern.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering.
- Membership to a relevant professional body – e.g. Engineers’ Registration Board.
appointments will be on a three year (3) contract terms renewable
subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance
targets and outcomes.
Candidates interested in these positions are expected to fulfil the
requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the address below
enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional
qualifications, and attach copies of certificates and relevant
Applications may be deposited at our Head Office, Kenpipe Plaza, Ground floor in the APPLICATION BOX or posted to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P.O. Box 73442, 00200
All applications should be received not later than Friday, 14th October, 2016.
Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity and gender equality. Women and Persons with disability are
encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.