Kenya Roads Board is a State Corporation established by the KRB A with the object and purpose of overseeing the road network in Kenya funded from the Kenya Roads Board Fund.
For effectiveness, the Board seeks to fill positions as shown below:
Manager, Human Resource & Administration
Ref: KRB 2016- 1
Reporting to the Executive Director, the holder will be responsible for the following:
- Participate in the development of KRB strategic planning process;
- Provide leadership to the department, develop departmental plan to meet KRB objectives;
- Formulate and develop sound human resource strategies, policies, procedures and ensure they are effectively implemented for the realization of KRB’s mission, vision and values;
- Deliver performance management programs that drive a high performance culture;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of KRB performance Contract in line with the performance contracting procedures and provide reports to the management decision making;
- Coordinate human resource planning, staffing and recruitment processes, selection, placement induction and career planning and management;
- Coordinate implementation of the code of conduct, counselling and separation processes;
- Coordinate the development of organizational and staff development needs, manage intervention programmes and monitor effectiveness of training programs;
- Manage KRB reward programmes, loan schemes, pension scheme, general and medical insurance schemes and monitor their utilization and effectiveness.
- Develop, maintain and implement internal communication systems as necessary;
- Co-ordinate the management and maintenance of KRB’s assets, office space & premises, ensure a conducive work environment, security and insurance of assets and people;
- Prepare and implement health and safety programmes;
- Implement Cross cutting requirements including HIV/AIDS, NACADA, gender mainstreaming, and national cohesion;
- Manage the change management processes of KRB.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences and a Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management;
- Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of eight years’ experience in human resource and administration in a large organization at least 3 years at senior level;
- Member of IHRM or other recognized professional body;
- Excellent computer skills
Successful applicants will serve on permanent and pensionable terms and on a contributory pension.
A competitive remunerations will be paid.
Canvasing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Kenya Roads Board is an equal opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applications together with Curriculum vitae, names of three referees, telephone contacts, email address and copies of certificates and testimonials should be clearly marked with the reference number and addressed to the:
The Executive Director
Kenya Roads Board
P.O. Box 73718-00200 Nairobi
3rd Floor, Kenya Re Towers, Upper hill
All applications should reach the Board not later than 18th November, 2016 at 5 P.M