Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) is a State Corporation whose responsibility is to manage and conserve wildlife in Kenya. The Service seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative and experienced individuals to fill the under-listed positions at its Airwing located at Wilson Airport.
One (1) Post
Location: KWS Airwing – Wilson Airport
Reporting to the Chief Pilot the overall responsibility for the successful candidate will be to undertake aerial surveillance for effective provision of wildlife management services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Flying KWS helicopters.
- Participating in security operations.
- Participating in aerial wildlife management activities –darting of animals & census.
- Training other pilots
- Any other duty assigned by the Chief Pilot.
- Must be a Kenyan citizen.
- Must be in possession of Commercial Helicopter Flying License (CPL) or above.
- Minimum 1000 hours Gas Turbine helicopters.
- Must be ready to cope with off base field operations.
- Must be in possession of minimum academic qualification of KCSE –C+ or “O” level KCE – Div. II.
- Additional advantages if;
- Rated in both 206 and 407 models
- Training in Air Operations safety
- Basic degree will be an added advantage
- Possession of valid certificate of Good Conduct obtained from the CID
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates, copy of ID card, detailed CV indicating work experience, current remuneration and employer, daytime telephone contact – both office and mobile, names, addresses and emails of three (3) referees to the address below not later than Friday 4th November, 2016 at 4.00pm.
Kenya Wildlife Service
P. O. Box 40241 – 00100
Application email: firstname.lastname@example.org