Vacant Position: Intern – Sprinkler Market Test
Job Purpose: The Intern will assist in carrying out Market test for Sprinklers with MoneyMaker Max existing farmers.
Staff directly reporting to this post: N/A
Works with: Smallholder Farmers and existing farmers with Moneymaker pumps.
- Develop a questionnaire to screen the farmers
- From the Database generate a list of farmers within 60 kilometers from Nairobi CBD with MoneyMaker Max pump and contact them
- Cluster the interested farmers by locations
- Demonstrate the sprinkler and create demand
- Acquisition of the sprinklers as per the demand
- Market the Sprinkler among these farmers and get the price points that farmers would identify with. Sell the sprinklers to these farmers.
- Follow-up with the farmers to find out the number using the Sprinklers after they purchase, their feedback and the level of use.
- Monitoring progress and compiling reports on project status.
- Analyze the feedback so as to make a good assessment of the viability of the product among the farmers using the MoneyMaker Max pump.
- New graduates or finalizing degree in Agriculture or pursuing Masters level
- Attachment with organization working with small scale farmers
- Background in Agriculture with bias in irrigation among small scale farmers.
- Understanding of the Microsoft Office packages
- Understand the dynamics sprinkler usage and their positioning for maximum benefit to the farmer.
- Ability to work with small scale commercial farmers.
- An understanding of the cost benefit analysis of various methods of irrigation
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- At ease with team work.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and unstructured environment.