The Kenya Public Policy Research and Analysis Institute (KIPPRA) is charged with the mandate of providing quality public policy advice to the Government of Kenya, private sector and other stakeholders in order to contribute to the achievement of national long-term development goals.
KIPPRA contributes to improved public policy making and implementation process through: Conducting objective public policy research and analysis; informing and providing advice during the policy-making process; building capacity of the Government of Kenya and other partners to absorb, undertake and analyze public policy; strengthening working modalities with the Government of Kenya and other stakeholders.
Towards meeting the requirements of this mandate and in enhancing institutional capacity, KIPPRA invites applications from qualified candidates to fill the following positions within its establishment.
Senior Internal Auditor
- Ensure that enterprise-wide risk management policies, controls and procedures are effectively implemented, disseminated and complied with across KIPPRA
- Develop a flexible annual audit work plan using an appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risk/control concerns identified by management and submit the same to the Board Audit Committee for review and approval by 5th of February for approval as well as periodic updates and share with the Executive Director for budgetary allocations
- Implement the annual audit work plan, as approved, including any special tasks or projects requested by management and the Board Audit Committee
- Act as Quality Management Representative of KIPPRA in ISO Management
- Develop, review and implement Business Continuity Plan and Risk Framework for KIPPRA and monitor business continuity risks.
- Assess the adequacy of established policies and procedures and review the systems established to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, statutory requirements and regulations which could have a significant impact on KIPPRA operations
- Ensure that all the regulatory and statutory requirements are adhered to and all payments and returns are done by the prescribed due dates
- Keep abreast with emerging trends and practices in internal auditing and update the Audit Committee and management on the same
- Carry out regular update of the Internal Audit Charter in line with the governing legal framework
- Update the Board Audit Committee and the Executive Director on Risk and internal audit issues and seek their approval on way forward
- 8 Years’ Experience 5 of which should be in Risk Management / Compliance / Forensics
- A Master’s Degree in Financial Accounting / Business Administration, Economics or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Certified Public Accountant CPA (K) / Certified Internal Auditor
- Professional membership with Institute of Internal Auditors
- Experience in the use of computerized accounting and auditing applications
Skills / Competencies
- Good time management
- Assertiveness and self-drive
- Honesty, reliability and dependability
How to Apply
Applications with a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of certificates/testimonials to be addressed and posted/hand delivered to:
Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis
2nd Floor, Bishops Garden Towers, Bishops Road
P. O. Box 56445 – 00200
Telephone: 254 20 4936000/0736 712724
OR Emailed to: email@example.com
The deadline for applications is 8th November 2016 by 5.00 p.m.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
KIPPRA is an equal opportunity employer
Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply